Sep 14, 2008

Ch-ch-ch Changes

If you look to the right you will see changes to the Zokutou bars. If you write category romances for Harlequin or Silhouette, you can probably get away with 50,000 word novels. The same goes for Young Adult. But I write paranormal romance that I hope to one day sell to one of the big houses. So let’s get real people.

The sad part is, the original first draft of DIF only topped about 30,000 words. Where am I going to come up with another 50K? By hard work, that’s where! And 80K is pretty much the minimum. *sigh*

But I think you should also notice that I wrote over 2k on Magic today. Progress like that gives me hope for the future.

I must admit it didn’t start out that well. I looked at the few hundred words I’d written, typed a few words, deleted them, and stared at the computer screen some more. But then I stopped fighting it and just started writing the scene that was sticking in my brain, even though it was not in the order it should have been. Since when did I become such a stickler for linear thought? Must have been my old friend procrastination whispering in my ear that I need to do things in order, not jump all over the place.

The nice thing about Magic is that it lends itself very well to jumping all over the place.

Normally I’d be posting a full moon poem today, but, excuse me, I’ve been busy writing 2k on Magic. I challenge you to write your own full moon poem.

edited to add:
So after all my fine work I was ready to relax for the rest of the evening, but then I got the urge to see where I left off in Changeling. Next thing you know, I've added 2k to it as well.

Sometimes I amaze even myself!

No comments: