Jun 21, 2010

Malefic Monday – Take 2

Malefic ~ doing mischief; producing evil

Let’s try this again. I’m not going to bore you with the reasons for my absence last week, except to say that trouble comes in threes and I’m well overdue for some good luck.

Today is the Summer Solstice, at least for those of us in the Northern Hemisphere. It’s the longest day of the year, and also the mid-point of the year. Though my optimistic attitude faltered badly during the last month, I’m ready to start over.

This Week’s Goals:

Tuesday: Part VI of my fairy tale series takes a look at one of my all time favourites, Rapunzel.

Wednesday: Will feature a new Hump Day Hunk for your viewing pleasure. If you have any preferences, let me know. I’m always willing to do a little research. ;-)

Thursday: This week’s poetry form is the Latin American form of the Décima.

Friday: Chapter 43 of the Space Opera. As Chaney asked at the end of the last chapter, now what?

Elsewhere in my week:

I think there’s a Scribe’s meeting tonight, and I’ve missed the last three so I really can’t miss this one. And I’m pretty sure I have a poetry group meeting tomorrow night. I unintentionally missed the poetry reading last week – it just totally slipped my mind. I did, however, get my poems and biography for the anthology submitted on time.

Expect to see some changes to the background of this blog – I like the shade of pink but the plainness of it has been driving me crazy so I’m going to be playing around with it again.

I’m also trying to come up with a workable schedule of posts for my sadly neglected Random Writings blog, which actually has more followers than this one. I’m thinking of one day for writing prompts/flash fiction and then one day for a nuts and bolts post of the writing craft. I just have to decide what days.

I’ll probably need to devote a couple of hours each evening to catch up on my blog reading and Facebooking – apologies to all my e-friends for my lack of presence last week!

That’s pretty much what’s on my plate for the week, how about yours?

2 comments:

Jamie D. said...

Carol, if you were closer I'd offer to take you out for drinks & some chit chat. Good lord knows I could use a break as well - though my luck isn't nearly as bad as yours. Here's hoping yours straightens itself out again here soon!

Honestly, Saturday I was feeling guilty for not visiting/commenting here all week, and I thought it was my own oversight...so I'm kind of glad you didn't post. LOL

Better luck this week...sending you a virtual margarita (if you don't drink, I'll make it a virgin). To good luck and sunny skies! :-)

C R Ward said...

Aww, thanks Jamie. I'll take that margarita (make mine a double!) even a virtual one! :-)