Nov 8, 2010

Mnemon Monday

mnemon ~ unit of memory, largely hypothetical

Well, I’ve got the first week of NaNo under my belt and I’m more or less on track. This, despite losing 1500 words to a stroke of idiocy Saturday night. The SNI is still working for me, although I have changed my female main character’s name from Shannon to Shaelynn. There was even a legitimate reason to do so. :-)

I didn’t get to my Scribes meeting Monday night and although I did miss meeting with the gang, I didn’t miss the long, cold, wet walk home.

Didn’t get my samples done – if you want to know the truth, I forgot all about doing them. Guess that’s something else I can work on this week.

The business website is finished – sort of. There’s a version of it up on the internet, but it needs the final adjustments uploaded. I absolutely refuse to admit what the problem was – it’s far too embarrassing, suffice it to say it was something simple (isn’t it always?). Anyway, I got the original website up, but there’s a couple of glitches and it’s insanely wide. I can’t get the newer version (glitch free and not so wide) loaded. As soon as I do, I’ll be ready for the grand unveiling.

It was a cold, grey, wet week last week which of course made my mood pretty grey and dismal. The writing didn’t come easily, but at least it came steadily.

This Week’s Goals:

Tuesday: This week’s installment of my series on superstition will be about the number 13. It would have been much cooler if this Friday were the 13th, but the next Friday the 13th isn’t until May, 2011, and I’m pretty sure this series will be done by then. :-)

Wednesday: Another Hump Day Hunk for your viewing pleasure.

Thursday: Part II of my Famous Poets series will feature Dante Alighieri. If you have a favourite poet, feel free to make suggestions!

Friday: Watch for installment two of my NaNo novel. Hopefully by then there’ll be lots of scenes to choose from.

Elsewhere in my week:

Be still my heart, I’m looking in my day planner and I have no meetings this week! Although I do have a lunch date today, but that has nothing to do with writing.

The room across the hall from my office has been designated my work room and I’ve finally got the table set up. It’s basically a board with a filing cabinet under it at one end and a small bookcase under the other. But it’s all I need to get the job done. I can leave my stuff spread out as much as I like and now I don’t have any excuses not to get some sample chap books done this week.

Other than that, I’ll be writing up a storm for NaNo.

Oh, yeah. There’s still that humongous pile of ironing to do too. :-(

And there you have it, my week, such as it is. How about you? How’s your NaNo going? What exciting things will you be up to this week?

5 comments:

Jennifer Shirk said...

That's great you're doing so well. Not doing NaNo but I'm getting such great motivation and energy from everyone who is. :)

C R Ward said...

Thanks Jennifer! You know, it's not too late to sign up for NaNo . . . ;-)

Jamie D. said...

Aw, come on, Carol...you can share your itty bitty mistake. We won't laugh. And I'm willing to bet a lot of money I've made the same one - probably several times. ;-)

In any case...way to tease out the web site and then not come through. LOL Looking forward to seeing it.

Yay for no meetings! And yay for a workroom! Sounds like you're all ready to go. Great job on the NaNo novel - you're cruisin' right along! I need to catch up in a major way... ;-)

Here's to a productive new week!

Tara McClendon said...

Good luck with NaNo and your other goals.

C R Ward said...

Jamie: You could always try bribing me with an advanced peek at the next chapter of Biker's Wench . . . ;-)

Tara: Thank you!