Feb 18, 2013

Morbidezza Monday

morbidezza ~ an extreme delicacy and softness

Did everyone remember that Tuesday was Shrove Tuesday last week? Does anyone, besides me, even celebrate it any more? I love Pancake Tuesday, and I'm not even Catholic. Not only did we have pancakes for supper, I made them from scratch and used whole wheat flour. They were quite yummy if I do say so myself.

I hope everyone had a happy Valentine's Day. I finally christened my heart-shaped silicone cup cake form and made, you guessed it, heart shaped chocolate cup cakes. Of course the form only had eight spaces in it, so the rest of the batter went into a heart shaped cake pan. I saved the cake for the weekend, filling it with fresh strawberries and icing it with whipped cream. :-)

I confess I did a little more TV watching this week, but my daughter requested a pair of slippers like her father's, so it wasn't time wasted. But as tempted as I was, I did NOT watch the Planet of the Apes marathon on AMC on the weekend. That was just too many hours of Roddy McDowell even for me. :-)

I got some flack last week over my chapter for Water when I still didn't let my characters have sex. Have you guys never heard of sexual tension? LOL It'll happen when it happens and I, like my characters, refuse to be rushed. I can tell you it won't be happening in the next couple of weeks though. I got this week's installment done yesterday and it turned out much longer than I expected, so it'll be continued next week.

Anybody out there know what's up with Blogspot and including images in a blog post? I work from the html editor, and it used to be you just clicked on the image for uploading an image and a little window would pop up letting you choose the size and position before you upload. Now pretty much the only thing it'll let you do is browse for your image. If you want to alter the size and position you have to do it manually. Very annoying!

Last week was kind of up and down for me. Lost quite a bit of time to a couple of major headaches. My big accomplishment for the week was getting my closet (and dresser) cleaned out. I was pretty impressed with the size of the pile of clothes for donating. But don't worry, despite the pile to get rid of, I still have plenty of clothes in my closet. And one of the treasures I found was a pair of dark green jeans that I didn't know I had and look like they've never been worn.

You know those curly scarves everyone seems to be wearing - more for decoration than warmth? The yarn is called Sashay and I picked up a couple of balls to try my hand at making them. Sunday night - a big TV watching night in our house - seemed the perfect time. If you're interested in such things, you can go HERE for the pattern and a video. Anyway, I only got a couple of inches done when I came to a knot in the skein of wool. And by knot I mean the wool was cut and then tied together. There is no working around something like that. So I guess I'm destined to not have another of these scarves (my sister gave me one for Christmas). *sigh*

Blog Stuff For the Week:

Tuesday: Part V of my series about the Muses.
Wednesday:
A new Hump Day Hunk for your viewing pleasure.
Thursday: Chapter 54 of Water - Ravi meets up with one of the outsiders that were brought to the compound.
Friday: If luck is at all favouring me, then my turn for the AW blog chain will fall on this day. If not, then I have no idea what I'll be posting here.

Weekly Words

Yes, well . . . There's a very good reason why I didn't get a lot of extra words in last week, and I'll let you in on it as soon as I figure it out. :-)

I started writing down notes for the third Jessica story, tentatively titled Wandering Wizards. There's only a few hundred words there so far, but there's a couple of scenes I really want to get down before they're lost, so I'll keep track this week. :-)

Because the only post I didn't get done ahead of time is Friday's (getting posts done ahead of time almost never happens to me), I have a lot of time this week to get writing/editing done. I just hope my numbers for the week reflect that.

No comments: