Oct 28, 2013

Mofette Monday

mofette ~ volcanic opening in the earth emitting carbon dioxide

Everybody ready for Halloween? Pumpkin all ready to carve, house decorated, costume picked out . . .

Need something to inspire you? I highly recommend Alex Westhaven's Jack, part of her Death By Veggies series. You can find Jack in e-book, paperback, or audio format in the Brazen Snake Books on-line bookstore. And while you're at it, check out some of the other titles - you won't be sorry!

We get so few kids (our neighborhood is old and dark and there's a lot of space between houses) that it's hardly worth going all out, but I will have my carved Jack O' Lantern, and this year I'm going to put glowing eyes in the front garden. I bought some black bristol board that I'll cut and paste into tubes with holes cut into them for eyes, and then I'll put glow sticks in them to make the eyes shine in my nice, dark garden. :-)

My costume is pretty simple: black shirt, skirt and hat, and my friend Jamie sent me these really cool striped knee socks with a Halloween Hello Kitty on them. Perfect to complete my wicked witch. 'Cause everyone knows wicked witches wear striped socks. LOL

I just hope the weather is decent for the trick-or-treaters. Wednesday we got a taste of things to come in the form of a wicked hail storm:



The weather has definitely taken a turn for the colder. The windows are firmly shut, the heat has been turned on, and I've switched over to flannelette sheets on the bed WITH a comforter. Even the cats have taken to sharing sleeping space with each other at night. ;-)

Blog Stuff For the Week:
Tuesday: The second sign of the Zodiac is Taurus.
Wednesday:
A new hump day hunk for your viewing pleasure. ;-)
Thursday: Chapter 89 of Water. Dare I hope this is the end?
Friday: It's the first day of NaNo. So while I'd like to say I'll have something NaNo related, it's anyone's guess if I'll even remember to post at all - hopefully I'll be too busy writing. ;-)

Other Stuff
This week's TraxTime report runs from October 20 through October 26.
Crafts - 14 hours and 29 minutes ~ way up from 5 hrs and 53 min
Emails - 5 hours and 28 minutes ~ down from 4 hrs and 38 min
Games - 4 hours and 31 minutes ~ down from 6 hrs and 35 min
Reading - 5 hour and 13 minutes ~ down from 7 hr and 58 min
Non-fiction - 4 hours and 35 minutes ~ way down from 9 hrs and 28 min
Fiction - 8 hours and 54 minutes ~ down from 10 hrs and 37 min
Total Words - 8445 this week ~ down from 8623 last week

Apparently I spent more time knitting than anything else last week. LOL

Sad to say, it wasn't on my Fair Isle sweater. The daughter requested an infinity scarf last week and being the awesome mommy I am, I started knitting right away. While an infinity scarf isn't as long as a Dr. Who scarf (which is 24 feet long) it's still longer than a regular scarf. So yes, it did take me the whole week to finish it.

I found it interesting that although the rest of my times were down, I still managed to produce almost as many words. Did you notice the words total at the bottom of my TraxTime? I must be writing faster or something.

Did not get the journal entries for Water finished, but I did add to them. And of course I added to Water as well.

This week I have my sister and her husband stopping in on their way . . . somewhere else. But fortunately I have a lot of turkey soup in my freezer to feed them with. :-)

Other than that, this week will be all about writing, re-writing, planning for NaNo, working on the Fair Isle sweater, and maybe a little baking.

No comments: