Nov 4, 2013

Murrhine Monday

murrhine ~ clear glassware containing pieces of coloured glass

This post is coming to you from beyond the grave . . .

Okay, not really. But it felt like a close call over the weekend.

It started with the sniffles that might have been the sinuses acting up or might have been allergies - sometimes it's hard to tell. But as the week progressed I got more stuffed up and then Friday I developed a sore throat and dry cough as well.

Saturday I stayed in my jammies and robe and camped out in my easy chair and pretty much napped, watched TV and drank tea and chicken soup all day.

Sunday my sore throat was gone, but the dry cough had moved down into my chest. In addition, today I'm achy and my head and chest hurt.

It would be nice to think that this mega-death-cold-from-hell is just running its course, but I guess only time will tell. Needless to say, I didn't get a whole lot accomplished from Friday on.

Blog Stuff For the Week:
Tuesday: The third sign of the Zodiac is Gemini.
Wednesday:
A new hump day hunk for your viewing pleasure. Sorry I missed last week!
Thursday: The draft version of Water is finished but I'll post the chapter links for the rest of the month before I pull the whole thing off for editing. And maybe to sweeten the pot I'll include an entry or two from the journal that's going to be included in the finished version.
Friday: It's NaNoing time and as usual I'm woefully behind. But I should have enough to post an excerpt here Friday. ;-)

Other Stuff
This week's TraxTime report runs from October 27 through November 2.
Crafts - 5 hours and 29 minutes ~ way down from 14 hrs and 29 min
Emails - 5 hours and 47 minutes ~ close to the same as 5 hrs and 28 min
Games - 11 hours and 11 minutes ~ way up from 4 hrs and 31 min
Reading - 4 hour and 23 minutes ~ down from 5 hr and 13 min
Non-fiction - 4 hours and 43 minutes ~ about the same as 4 hrs and 35 min
Fiction - 10 hours and 19 minutes ~ up from 8 hrs and 54 min Total Words - 10,777 this week ~ up from 8445 last week

There are two reasons my craft time plummeted last week. First, I finished the daughter's scarf on Tuesday. Second, I finally reached the point in the Fair Isle sweater where I could start the sleeves and I was feeling sick enough that didn't feel up to dealing with the double pointed needles. And it didn't occur to me until late Sunday that I probably could have got a few inches done on my Christmas afghan. *sigh*

And yes, I am truly ashamed that my gaming time almost tripled. Apparently, while I couldn't stay focused enough to write, I could manage to play games. ;-)

I would expect Fiction time as well as Total Words will rise again this week. After all, NaNo has started. You can check the little widget on the left of the page to see how I'm doing with my NaNo words.

Believe it or not, I got off to a great start with NaNo. I stayed up until midnight on Thursday and knocked off 1500 words before I went to bed. Then the mega-death-cold-from-hell hit and I only added to my document sporadically after that.

So needless to say, this week will be about catching up on my NaNo with time out for knitting, crocheting and reading.

No comments: