Mar 21, 2016

Multeity Monday

multeity ~ manifoldness; very great numerousness

Happy second day of Spring!

Did you do anything to celebrate? How about Earth Day? Did you remember to participate in it Saturday night?

I admit that Earth Day completely slipped my mind. But then we were in the middle of watching the original version of Little Shop of Horrors at the time, so I guess it's an easy mistake to make. And we're talking the original 1960's version, not the musical one. ;-)

But although I missed Earth Day I celebrated the first day of Spring with a fancy dinner. I didn't intend it to be fancy, mind you. It just kind of happened. But after all the work I went to I decided it was in celebration of Spring. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

And after a week of extremely mild temperatures and enough rain to ensure a run on ark lumber at the building supply stores, the temperature dropped and we're supposed to get snow this week. Cause, you know, it's spring.

The robins were predicting an early spring because they've been around for weeks. And the poor, confused squirrels never did get to hibernate, thanks to the mild winter we had. But the most telling sign of spring was the ducks. That's right, the ducks came back this weekend. The temperature dips down enough at night that there's a skim of ice on the pool in the morning, so they've been coming in the early evening.

One tradition of spring I most definitely do not enjoy is taxes. And it's not so much the paying of the taxes that I dislike, although that's bad enough, it's all the forms you have to fill out for the privilege of paying them.

And yeah, I know there are programs out there so you can file electronically - can you even get the paper forms any more? But the problem with the computer programs is that they're so easy to use that it makes me really nervous. I always expect the Mounties to show up at my door to arrest me for tax fraud afterwards. "Really, officer, it's not my fault. Arrest TurboTax!"

But I have to admit, I'm not sorry to see winter go. Not that it was much of a winter - not a lot of snow and it wasn't even all that cold. Although we did get more than our fair share of grey/overcast days.

Spring is here and soon we'll have the greening. One day you look out the window and the trees are starting to show the first few buds, and the next day you look out and everything's green.

Now that's something to look forward to.

No comments: