Nov 25, 2019

Meatus Monday

meatus ~ opening of a passage or canal

I did something this weekend I haven’t done for a very long time, I cleaned the windows in the living room and dining room. LOL

The sun was actually shining on the weekend, and nothing shows you how dirty your windows are, or in this case the sliding glass deck doors, like the sun. Seeing as I already had the cleaning stuff out to do the living room windows, I figured it wouldn’t take much more time to do the deck doors too. Man, they look good!

And the reason I cleaned the living room windows is because I’d bought new curtains for the living room a couple of weeks ago and I got the hubby to put them up for me. No sense putting new curtains on a dirty window, right?

I was a little hesitant about these curtains. They’re the kind in panels with big grommets at the top that you just slide the rod through. The panels are terribly wide, so it took two to each side. And the colour is a deep, rich, purple, which actually looks surprisingly good next to the dark red walls.

After we got them up I decided I’d like a little more fullness to them, so when I was out taking pictures for my photography homework I made a quick side trip to buy another couple of panels. Who knows how long it’ll take us to get those up.

The pictures for this week’s homework needed to be taken outside, and since it was a nice day and I was caught up (finally!) on my NaNo novel, I figure I’d better “make hay while the sun is shining” since I think it’s supposed to be overcast the rest of the week.

I had the idea of capturing the light from the setting sun hitting the lighthouse down at the lake, so I timed my trip to take place just as the sun started to set. Well, the road was blocked off for a “special event” so I had to hike in, it was cold as hell, and as I reached the point of land I’d anticipated taking pictures from, a bunch of stupid clouds covered the sun.

*sigh*

I did manage to get some pretty interesting pictures, but not the one I’d anticipated. Maybe I’ll be able to get a sunrise picture instead.


1 comment: