Jan 17, 2022

This ‘N That

It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.
— Mark Twain

You can't depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus.
— Mark Twain

Never put off till tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.
— Mark Twain

So . . . I didn’t do a post last week because the weather was crappy (sucking my energy dry) and I really didn’t have much to say. Besides, it was my birthday and I can slack off if I want to. LOL

It sucks having a birthday so soon after the holidays – it either gets downplayed or skipped over altogether. I’ve never understood why most people just about bankrupt themselves over Christmas, then downplay the lowly birthday. Wouldn’t it make more sense to spread the joy throughout the year? Or maybe that’s just me. Birthdays have always been a big deal to me, whether it’s mine or someone else’s.

Anyway, it was a nice birthday. There was no cake, but I got presents to open from my best bud in Montana, and a really nice dinner from one of my favorite restaurants. AND I got a video of the grandbaby singing Happy Birthday on Facebook. I spent my day working in my office (and by working I mean cleaning and organizing), and I finished my Amazon afghan – the afghan I started when we first got Amazon Prime, thinking I’d be spending more time in front of the television.



One of the features of the Weather Network is that it’ll tell you how many hours of sun you can expect. Like, today for instance we’re supposed to get 0 hours of sun. We had a few days like that last week, warmer but darker, and the days that were sunny were stupendously cold. Saturday was sunny, and it was so cold my car almost didn’t start.

The hubby and I got our boosters last weekend, and then I heard on the radio that they’re taking appointments for a fourth shot. I think I’ll pass. I’ve had two shots of Pfizer, and one of Moderna, and that’s good enough for me. Unless these forth shots have something new in them that will help protect against the variants, then I’m done. The daughter had her booster the same day, and was sick as a dog for several days (she had a bad reaction to her previous shots as well.).

I had hoped to start the new year with a clean, organized office, but thanks to Staples screwing up the order for my mesh file cart (don’t get me started, I’m still mad at them) it didn’t happen. Although to be fair, even with the cart it wouldn’t have happened. I’m still working on my office.

But before I started the office though, I tackled the closets again. The linen closet was a mess, but thanks to a couple of small plastic bins you can actually find stuff in there now. The craft closet wasn’t bad, but it wasn’t as well organized as I would have liked. So I spent a day putting it to rights.



One of the things I’m trying to get away from in the new year is the amount of time I spend on mindless games. Which is one of the reasons I pulled out my Amazon afghan and got it finished. I started to back slide into gaming last week, but then I remembered my mother-in-law has a birthday coming up. She’s in a nursing home, and what better gift than a blanket to keep her warm? It just so happened I had a dark peach colored, and a contrasting cream colored yarn in my stash.

Now we’ll see how fast I can crochet. Her birthday is Groundhog Day.

No comments: