Apr 26, 2010

Mortmain Monday

mortmain - restrictive influence of the past on the present

Last week . . . *shakes head sadly* . . . I don’t know whether it was a convergence of the wrong planets, bad karma, or just plain bad luck, but last week was not a good week, neither writing-wise nor personal.

The doctor’s appointment I had Monday? I made this appointment back in October. I left work an hour early to get to my appointment on time. After waiting an hour and a half, the doctor was called away to an emergency and I had to reschedule. The first available appointment was June 30. Argh!

I did not have my “poemwork” done for my poetry group on Tuesday, although I did have a couple of new poems to read.

The rest of the week went downhill from there. All I can say is, I’m glad that week is behind me and a new week is just starting.

This Week’s Goals:

Tuesday: I have an idea for a new series I’d like to start, but it’s going to take a bit more investigation and a lot more research to see if it will fly. So, for this week I’m going to present you with a few random facts about the Bard.

Wednesday: I was cleaning up my e-mails on the weekend and I found a few amusing tidbits for Whimsical Wednesday. Thank God for friends who spam me!

Thursday: This week’s Passion for Poetry form is the Ballade, a French form which is not to be confused with the Ballad.

Friday: I solemnly swear to post Chapter 36 of the Space Opera.

Elsewhere in my week:

I have a meeting of the Northumberland Scribes tonight, for which I was supposed to write 150 words on the topic of spring and which I forgot about until now. Oops! Guess we’ll see how fast I can write after work today.

I have a couple of books I’ve been reading and I’d like to finish at least one of them by the end of the week. I’d also like to get a few more entries made into my book catalogue.

I’m sure by now you’ve noticed the colour changes to this blog. I got playing with the colours on the weekend and sometimes I just don’t know when to stop. It’s not exactly what I was aiming for, and I may or may not keep it like this. We’ll see how I feel later in the week.

So that’s what’s in store for me this week. How about you? What are you up to this week?

2 comments:

Jamie D. said...

So sorry about the bummer week last week. :-( And what's up with that doctor's appointment, anyways? That sucks that you had to move it another two months out. Bet it was enough to make you want to tear your hair out...

Love the new blog look, by the way. Much easier on the eyes. ;-)

Looks like you have some fun stuff on schedule for this week. I do love the Bard...

This week, I'm trying to keep my head above water and get things done. Playing with writing schedules again...annoying, but necessary I think.

Good luck with everything! :-)

The romantic query letter and the happy-ever-after said...

Me to I love the new look and hope you have a better week than the last.
My love and care,
Simone