Feb 7, 2011

Megachiropteran Monday

megachiropteran ~ of, like or pertaining to fruit bats

Last week did not, in any way, shape or form, go as I had planned. The good news is, this is a brand new week and I have every reason to expect things to go better. :-)

If you’ve been following my series on Home Remedies you’ll notice I switched last week's topic to frostbite. This was in anticipation of the Snowmageddon that befell so many on Wednesday night. It wasn’t so bad here – yes it was stormy and very windy, but we actually got more snow Saturday night in a gentle, steady, fall.

Got my posts all up as scheduled, however I did not get an original example of the Rondeau Redouble written, and furthermore, I don’t feel guilty in the least about it.

I actually did get some reading in, but it was on Saturday while I was waiting for the hubby at a bowling tournament. All I can say is, thank goodness there was a Chapters with a Starbucks close to the bowling centre. ;-)

My facebook friends might have noticed I wasn’t around much last week, that’s because I was spending a lot of time on Twitter. If you tweet too, look me up. I’m CarolRWard on Twitter.

This Week’s Goals:

Tuesday: Part six of my series on Home Remedies. This week will be another winter related one, this time remedies for a sore throat.

Wednesday: Another Hump Day Hunk for your viewing pleasure.

Thursday: The poetry form of the week will be the Pensee.

Friday: Chapter 10 of Fire. Will Pyre agree to the Mother’s last request? Will he tell Rayne about it?

Elsewhere in my week:

I really have to take some time to catch up on my e-mails. I’ve been putting it off for over a week now. I don’t know why . . .

Must find a balance between Twitter and Facebook and “getting things done”. My multi-tasking skills appear to have atrophied and I need to whip them back into shape. Until then I need to spend less time tweeting and facebooking and more time writing.

There’s a shiney new idea poking around my brain, begging to be let out but I’m making it wait until I get Forever and For Always printed out for line edits. Hopefully, that will be this week. Once that’s done it’s all down hill from there.

I have a Scribes meeting tonight and I believe the topic is “the wedding”. Still not sure what I’m going to do with it but I’m sure I’ll come up with something before the meeting.

I need to do at least two posts for Random Writings. I haven’t posted anything since the blogfest and that poor little blog is starting to look neglected.

This week looks a little light on the goals, but I’ll be filling in the gaps with the usual writing, editing, and reading. Maybe once I’ve regained my focus I can start setting proper writing goals for the week instead of the vague ‘get some done’.

And that’s it for my week ahead. How about you? What are you up to these days?

3 comments:

Jamie D. said...

Yay for home remedies! I haven't commented much there, but I've been reading all the same. Good stuff, those. Can't wait for the serial chapter either. Eek!

Um...hump day hunks make my Weds mornings bearable... ;-)

I'm starting this week with a day off from the day job, which is handy since it's currently blizzarding out my window.

Ah, focus. We need to strap that bugger down and tell him what's what. Here's to taming the little beastie again! :-)

Nofretiri said...

I cheer for your Friday goal:
GO! Fire! GO!

C R Ward said...

Jamie: Hope you got lots accomplished on your day off!

Nofretiri: I don't think Friday is going to be a good day for Pyre.;-)