Feb 28, 2011

Monopode Monday

monopode ~ one-footed person with foot large enough to be a sunshade

Ever have one of those weeks where things just get away from you? Yeah, that was my week last week. It started out strong, but then about Wednesday it totally got away from me.

I chose last week’s poetry form with every intention of doing an original example – it was a really easy form – but it just didn’t happen. If I don’t start finding my inspiration to come up with more original poetry, I may have to rethink my Thursday posts.

As one observant person noticed, the installment for the serial was a little light last week. Believe me when I tell you, you should feel lucky you got an installment at all. I was so not inspired last week, and I almost skipped it altogether, as someone else who writes a serial did *cough*Jamie*cough* ;-)

I got lots of writing done on Monday and spent a lot of time on Twitter. By Wednesday, however, my mojo had deserted me completely, and I could hardly muster up the energy to read some of my favourite blogs, forget commenting on them.

Friday I finally gave up after I went through a drive-thru and the motor in the electronic window of my car died with the window in the down position. In a snow storm. I went home and had a nap, and then ignored the lap top for the rest of the evening without a trace of guilt. It must have been what I needed because I felt more on an even keel by Saturday.

This Week’s Goals:

Tuesday: Part Ten of my series on Home Remedies. I don’t know about anyone else, but when I get a cold I often get an earache. So this week’s remedy will be for earaches.

Wednesday: Another Hump Day Hunk for your viewing pleasure.

Thursday: The poetry form of the week will be the Tibetan form of Gzha.

Friday: Chapter 13 of Fire. Though we learned more about the Mother and a little of what happened to the village, we still don’t know what Rayne’s secret is. Is she ready to talk to Pyre?

Elsewhere in my week:

I have no meetings this week. Wow, that hasn’t happened for a long time.

After my nap on Friday I had a sudden urge to write in my journal, something I haven’t done for a long time. I would like to keep this up. I'm starting to realize it’s not something I should schedule. I think that’s where I’ve failed in my journal keeping before. So, I would like to keep up my journal, but when the spirit moves me, not because I feel I have to. This may mean several short posts in the same day, or perhaps several days without a single post. But if it works, it works.

No sweeping promises about finishing Forever and For Always. I started out strong last week and then inspiration fizzled out by Wednesday. And then I had other obligations that I needed to focus on. So, this week I will continue to work on it, focusing on the light at the end of the tunnel.

I have used up my extra “journal entries” for my serial and I need to get a few more of them written ahead of time.

Staying up until 4 a.m. writing a serial installment does not make for a good installment, so I am going to start trying to get the installments done earlier in the week. Ideally I’d like to get one or two installments written ahead of time, but I’m not expecting to get that far this week.

So, how about you? What have you been up to/will be up to? Surely someone out there leads a more exciting life than me! ;-)

2 comments:

Jamie D. said...

I hope my story wasn't one of the derailing events... *cringe* Sorry it was such a bad week last week!

And I so hear you on the serial installments needing to be done slightly earlier than 4am (though in honesty, I don't think I've ever been up past 2am working on one, so you've got me beat).

*cough* is right, unfortunately. Stupid cough is seriously annoying.

Yay for no meetings this week! Sending you a healthy dose of motivation in the form of tomorrow's business blog post... ;-)

Hope your mojo comes back!

C R Ward said...

Quite the contrary, Jamie. Your story was just the pick-me-up I needed! :-)

Hope you're able to shake that darned cold this week!