Jun 6, 2011

Mentalism Monday

mentalism ~ belief that the world can be explained as aspect of the mind

Last week was not a bad week at all. I got my posts written and up on time, although I confess I wasn’t entirely happy with the scene for Fire. It’s not a bad scene, but it just wasn’t what I was hoping for. I blame the hour at which I was writing it and the fact that I kept nodding off. ;-)

I had a great time with my grand-puppy-son and I posted the pictures on my Facebook page. He is the cutest thing ever, but I may just be a little prejudiced .

Towards the end of the week I got slammed by an idea I’ve had off and on over the last few years, but this time it was fully developed, including having a title. Normally this wouldn’t be a bad thing, but I’ve got too many other projects on the go, I don’t have time to work on something new. So, I wrote out a synopsis, including the title and the names of the two characters. Now my subconscious is leaving me alone, secure in the knowledge its idea won’t be forgotten.

Edits are going well, both for my book and the really good book.

Read a few more books last week, both print and on George, and remembered to update my Goodreads list.

This Week’s Schedule:

Tuesday: Part II of the Seven Wonders of the Medieval World is the Colosseum of Rome.

Wednesday: A new hunk for your viewing pleasure.

Thursday: This week will feature the invented form of the Triquint.

Friday: Chapter 27 of Fire. I think Rayne and Pyre have gotten a little off track here. They need to regain their focus. ;-)

Random Thoughts

Today: I want to know what’s up with China.

Wednesday: Chapter 4 of my on-line serial Shades of Errol Flynn

Saturday: Grappling With Grammar – Lay vs. Lie

Elsewhere in my week:

I want to finish the edits on the really good book this week. I think one more pass ought to do it. The only drawback is then I won’t have an excuse to read it for the eleventyth billion time. Did I mention it’s a really good book? :-)

I suppose I’ll be continuing with the edits on An Elemental Wind as well, but it’s just not as much fun working on my own stuff. It seems too much like . . . well, work.

There’s lots of transcription to do on the Living History project, so when all else fails I’ll be working on that. I’ve also got a bit of sound editing to do on the computer – some of those interviewers were very soft-spoken and the volume needs to be pumped up in places. It’s not hard to do, just tedious.

I keep forgetting about the new pictures taken for my website last week, so that’s on this week’s list (again) as well. And while I’m at it, maybe I’ll get back to working on my website, I’ve been slacking off where it’s concerned.

And yes, the preceding paragraph was copy/pasted from last week. :-)

And that’s pretty much my week. What about you? What will you be up to?

2 comments:

Tara Tyler said...

you need another award! come get it!

Jamie D. said...

I hear you on the working on your own stuff. I had way more fun beta-ing for a friend this weekend than slogging through one of the scenes I had to write. ;-)

That said, I'm waiting rather impatiently for An Elemental Wind to be all edited and out. And I read Unlocked by Courtney Milan this week, and it's ready for you whenever you're ready to borrow it. So perhaps that will be good motivation. LOL

Good luck with the goals! Here we go again... :-)