Jun 20, 2011

Mollipilose Monday

mollipilose ~ downy; soft; having soft plumage

I’m slowly starting to realize that I’m more productive in the mornings than I am later in the day. So this calls for a few changes in the way I’ve been doing things. First of all, I’m going to try to start getting to bed earlier so I can get up earlier. Stop laughing . . . seriously, stop laughing . . . right now! Okay. We’ll take a brief pause here so you can get it out of your system. Laugh away.

Better now? As I was saying, I’m going to try to make an adjustment in my sleeping schedule and then – and this is the real hard part, harder even than getting up early – I’m going to stay off the internet until after lunch. No e-mail checking, no blog surfing, no facebooking, nada. What I’ll be doing instead is writing.

I’ve been finding lately that my concentration isn’t what it used to be. I’ll sit in my recliner in the evening fully intending to write while I’m watching television, only I don’t. I surf around, or obsessively check between twitter and facebook and my e-mail, or *bows head in shame* play a mindless, on-line game. Then before I know it it’s 2 a.m. and I haven’t got the next day’s post written yet. So, the only answer is, write earlier in the day.

Things like research, blog surfing, and facebook don’t really need my undivided attention. I can do this stuff while I’m watching T.V. at night. I only seem to hit the games when I have serious writing to do – it’s the little procrastination demon kicking in. And if I get my surfing done early as well, then I can always use my evenings for something radical, like reading, or working on the afghan I started two years ago. :-)

This Week’s Schedule:

Tuesday: Part IV of the Seven Wonders of the Medieval World is the Great Wall of China (on of my favourites!).

Wednesday: A new hunk for your viewing pleasure.

Thursday: This week will feature The Blitz Poem.

Friday: Chapter 29 of Fire. So who’s got Pyre and Rayne surrounded . . . and why?

Random Thoughts

Today: The Rantless Rant.

Wednesday: Chapter 6 of my on-line serial Shades of Errol Flynn.

Saturday: Grappling With Grammar – the Hyphen and the Dash

Elsewhere in my week:

Today there is a Scribes meeting which I may or may not be prepared for. Last time I went empty handed, but when I got home I sat down and wrote my 150 word piece and then e-mailed it to the members who showed up.

Tuesday I have a poetry group meeting for which I have not yet done my “poemwork”. We are supposed to write a Found Poem, which I did on my own for the last meeting, so I don’t know if I’ll get another one done or not. The one I did was a bit of a fluke. I do have a couple of other poems to read for the group, so I won’t be going empty-handed.

I need to change the batteries in my camera so I can get those new pictures done so I can get back to working on my website. My sadly neglected little website.

The kid has loaned me Season III of True Blood so you can bet your bippy that I’ll be doing some serious DVD watching this week. Hey, I can edit and watch at the same time!

Less mindless gaming, more writing. I confess, I’ve been playing way too much Mahjong Connect 2 instead of writing. Time to get tough with myself again.

I think that’s plenty for one week, don’t you? How about you? What are you up to?

2 comments:

Jamie D. said...

Gotta work with your natural leanings, I always say. I hope the morning writing goes better!

You've read my list, so I won't rehash. Here's to a productive writing week for us both! :-)

And now I must wander off to read The Rantless Rant...

C R Ward said...

Just ignore what time it was when I commented on your post today. ;-)