Dec 12, 2011

Maximalism Monday

maximalism ~ uncompromising adherence to extreme demands

The Super Mega Death Cold From Hell is still hanging in there, and the hubby’s got the cough part of it back, which means it’s setting up camp in his lungs. At least mine is only in the sinuses, but it’s still causing mega headaches.

We went Christmas shopping on Saturday and knocked off over half our list, including all of the kids. Go us! Then Sunday the hubby braved the wind and the cold to get the outdoor lights up and the (undecorated) tree is sitting in the living room.

I felt a little lost last week, with no NaNoing to do. Granted there were still a few holes that need to be filled in my NaNo novel, but it’s just not the same.

I’d like to thank Heidi Sutherlin and Jamie DeBree for allowing me to interview them last week. I guess I don’t suck at interviews quite as badly as I thought. This is something I’m considering for the New Year, starting to feature an author once or twice a month, but it will be over at Random Writings. Don’t worry, I’ll make announcements here and provide links for when it happens.

Yesterday I bulldozed shovelled cleaned off my desk again. It’s amazing how quickly “stuff” accumulates when you’re busy writing 55K words. Now my office is all nice and neat again. Okay, it’s dusty as all get out, but at least it’s neat. :-)

What’s On For This Week:

I really should have spaced out my two author interviews last week so I could feature one of them this week, but *shrugs* hind sight is always 20/20.

Tuesday: A Christmas poem. My parody of A Visit From St. Nicholas

Wednesday: Another Christmasy hump day hunk for your viewing pleasure. Maybe even two because I have an extra and I can’t decide which to use. ;-)

Thursday: Tis the season . . . for Christmas music!

Friday: Chapter 53 of Fire. Jeez, isn’t this thing ever going to end?

Random Thoughts

Monday: Part 7 of the parts of speech. This week it’s the Preposition.

Wednesday: Chapter 31of Shades of Errol Flynn. So what’s this Well of Power, and what’s with the pointed look Ewan gave Jessica? :-)

Friday: More Christmas music to get you in the holiday spirit.

Also this week:

The new prompt is still up over at Rattles Flash Fiction. The deadline has been extended to January 13th so you have plenty of time to come up with your thousand words for The Old Sofa.

The previous two anthologies are now available in print as well as e-format. At the Water’s Edge is available through Brazen Snake Books, Amazon, , Smashwords, and Barnes & Noble. As well, you can find In A Dark Place at Brazen Snake Books, Amazon, Smashwords, and Barnes & Noble. The electronic version is only .99 cents while the print version is only $5.99 (+1.25 shipping & handling). Pick up your copies today if you’re looking for some inspiration or just a good read.

Yeah, so the schedule thing I keep talking about? I’m not going to worry about it until the New Year. Seriously? There’s too much other stuff going on with the coming holidays that I wouldn’t normally be doing, so trying to figure out a schedule is pretty useless.

Even though Fire’s not finished on my blog, I’m starting the edits for it this week. And there’s a lot of them. ;-)

As much as I hate the thought of it, I need to spend some time cleaning out the guest room and my work room, just in case my sister and her family make up their minds and come visit at Christmas. I suspect I won’t hear anything for sure until right before they arrive, but it’s better to be safe than sorry.

Speaking of sorry . . . my plants are a little sorry looking right now, so if I have time I’m going to try and give them a little TLC. I did water them on the weekend, so a couple of them are looking perkier, but my Wandering Jews need some clipping/repotting. I think this is my last chance with them. If I can’t take better care of the ones in the pots then I’m going to stop potting them. I’ve got a couple that are growing hydroponically, and they’re doing great.

And that’s pretty much my week ahead. How about you? Are you ready for Christmas?

1 comment:

Tara Tyler said...

get better! i am slowing down, just hav a couple easy gifts, stockings and cards (was gonna skip the cards, but i pd for pics this year so i gotta! already got a bunch in too!)