Feb 27, 2012

Monolatry Monday

monolatry ~ worship of one god without excluding belief in others

Wow . . . I was seriously unmotivated last week. I got my posts done, but that was pretty much it as far as writing went. I went to both my poetry group and my writing group meetings and was empty handed both times. Totally shocked my poetry group. Even when I don’t have a new form to share I at least have a new poem or two.

That’s not to say I haven’t been having ideas, I just haven’t managed to get them out of my head. You know what I mean? I work out an idea in my head and it sits there saying, “write me, write me,” but when I sit down at the computer with a blank document screen in front of me, my fingers stray to the internet and the next thing I know I’m playing Fashion Solitaire on Shockwave. (Hey, don’t judge me until you’ve tried it! :-p)

Anybody watch the Oscars? I used to be an avid Academy Awards watcher but over the years my interest has waned considerably. I don’t know if it’s because I so seldom go to the movies any more or maybe I’m just tired of a handful of people deciding which movies are award worthy. All I know is the whole thing is rather “meh” to me now.

I keep finding books to download onto my Kindle, but the good news is that I’ve started reading more of them. Still, the ratio of downloading versus reading is skewed heavily in favour of downloading. Even if I did nothing but read all day it’d take me years to catch up. ;-)

I started doing the research for my Prophets and Prophecies series last week and I was surprised by some of the things I found. The series is not as I’d envisioned it, but I think it will still be pretty interesting. I love ferreting out information on esoteric things and this series really fits the bill.

What’s Up This Week:
The schedule is up on the side bar, so I’m just giving the highlights here.

Tuesday On Random Thoughts We have Part One of Prophets and Prophecies, which turned out to be part I of the Prophets of Islam. On Random Writings I’ll be continuing to Share the Love.

Wednesday (on Random Writings) Well, Jessica’s done her good deed for the day. Just shows her she’s got a long way to go when it comes to magic. And on Random Thoughts there’ll be another hump day hunk for your viewing pleasure.

Thursday In chapter seven of Water (on Random Thoughts) I think it’s time to move the compound.

Friday We have Passion For Poetry on Random Writings and on Random Thoughts it’s Flash Me Friday where I’ll be doing another picture prompt.

No comments: