Sep 17, 2012

Mendiloquence Monday

mendiloquence ~ artful lying

Considering I didn't do a book review (because believe it or not I didn't have time to finish reading a book) and I also skipped my flash fiction (too busy working on the poem for my poetry post), and I was late with both my serial posts, you might wonder why I consider last week a good week. You know, I kind of wonder too. But I think, for me, it was the head space I was in.

I'm slowly getting myself organized and I think that's why it's sticking this time. Normally I'm all about getting it done and over with as quickly as possible, but this time I'm taking my time to figure things out. Baby steps, it's all about the baby steps.

One of the bonuses of becoming more organized is my increasing ability to resist games. Those of you on Facebook may have noticed I was on Castleville a few times, but this was a reward for after I'd gotten things done. During the day I just don't feel as inclined to seek out those mindless games.

The weather has cooled off considerably. In the space of a couple of days we've gone from still needing the fan on in the bedroom to needing a blanket on the bed. The days, for the most part, have been bright and sunny, but cooler. This is my favourite time of year!

My big job for the weekend was organizing my poetry. I have a poetry reading coming up in November and I really want to have a poetry book ready to launch for it. So it occurred to me it's mid-September and I should get on it.

I don't know what the heck is going on with the progressive stories for my Scribes group. Including the one I started, I've participated in eight out of fourteen so far. They were supposed to be done by now so that we could have them printed out and bound (just a claw binding) to sell for a pittance. As far as I know, only the first one is completely done, and it was done before we came up with the idea to have multiple stories on the go.

I did not get my Goodreads updated last week. Nor did I investigate why it appears that I have two accounts with them. I think the reason I've been putting it off is because I want to review the books as I update, and that's going to be time consuming.

What’s Up This Week:
The schedule is up on the side bar, so I’m just giving the highlights here.

Tuesday On Random Thoughts I will be posting the ninth installment of Cheeses of the World, Brie. There will be no book review on Random Writings this week. I've got three or four on the go, and I doubt I'll be finishing any of them in time to review it for tomorrow.

Wednesday (on Random Writings) Chapter Sixty-nine of Shades of Errol Flynn. Looks like Jessica's headed for the dungeon. Is this the end for her? On Random Thoughts there’ll be a hunk and a hussy for your viewing pleasure. ;-)

Thursday we have Chapter Thirty-four of Water (on Random Thoughts). It's funny how some characters are more uninhibited than others when it comes to sharing. We'll have to see how much Ravi is willing to share. ;-)

Friday Two in a row, can I make it a three-peat? A the very least I should be able to come up with a new poem or two for Random Writings. As much as I wish it were otherwise, I will probably, once again, not get a flash done for Random Thoughts.

Aside from all this and my regular writing/editing, this week I'll also be working on a display for the Northumberland Scribes for a book launch on Saturday. I'll also be designing some bookmarks to give out during this event. As well, I've got a short story challenge to work on. Hmm. I have until the 24th for the short story, if I can get it done by Friday maybe there'll be a flash this week after all. ;-)

No comments: