Sep 3, 2012

Monochromasy Monday

monochromasy ~ complete colour-blindness

Ahh, Labour Day. Can you smell Autumn in the air? Yeah, me neither. LOL

If you're like most people, you celebrate Labour Day by doing as little labour as possible. It's the end of summer as we know it and back to school for hoards of children.

Remember how last Monday I was saying how I lost control of my week? Well, this past week I never had control of my week in the first place. That's not to say I didn't get anything accomplished, the hubby and I got rid of a lot of the accumulated clutter on our basement shelves, so that was an accomplishment in itself. There's still a lot more to get rid of, but I think it's down to a more manageable level, one that we can pick away at over the course of the winter.

Did I mention the hubby had last week off? It was the first time he's taken time off in about three years. And the sad part is, we didn't even go any where. He spent his whole vacation doing stuff around the house. He did get to sleep in every day, which I hope he enjoyed because we're coming up to bowling season and he'll be getting up earlier on the weekends than he does during the week. :-)

I really need to start taking before and after pictures of stuff. Tuesday the kid came over to finally go through the stuff she left behind in her closet. Sounds like a simple job, right? Wrong, this closet runs the width of her old room and it was crammed full of clothes and toys and books and boxes. She didn't have a lot of time to spend, so she had her sorting down to a fine art. Stuff to donate went on the bed, stuff to keep went on the chair, and garbage/recycling went on the floor.

It took me until Saturday to bravely open the door of her old room to deal with the fall out. Armed with several sturdy boxes, assorted bags, and a cup of coffee, I reclaimed the bed, chair and floor of what is now the guest room. Once I clean the carpet it'll be a great room to hide relax in.

Blog-post wise, I'd have to say last week was an utter fail. I did get my cheese post and my book review written and up on time, but then it was like my head was on a different planet or something.

The installment for Shades of Errol Flynn was slow in coming, and then I was about halfway done when one of the supporting characters butted right in and said that his scene had to happen before the one I was writing. He was correct, of course, but he waited until right before I went to bed, so I didn't get it written until Wednesday morning, which is when it was supposed to be posted.

Then I hit a real drought when it came to Water. I started getting so frustrated that I just had to walk away from it for a while. Which is why that installment didn't get posted until Friday. It was a little on the short side too. *sigh*

And you might have noticed I didn't even attempt Friday's poetry or Flash fiction posts. *double sigh* The good news is, I've already got about a third of this week's Water installment done. And Shades is at a place where I know exactly what happens next so it won't be a problem when it comes to the actual writing.

What’s Up This Week:
The schedule is up on the side bar, so I’m just giving the highlights here.

Tuesday On Random Thoughts I will be posting the seventh installment of Cheeses of the World, Oka Cheese. On Random Writings I will be doing a review of Sleeping In the Middle, by Keri Lee Harmon.

Wednesday (on Random Writings) Chapter Sixty-seven of Shades of Errol Flynn. So, I wonder what Howard and Alexandre think about the bells ringing? On Random Thoughts there’ll be a hunk and a hussy for your viewing pleasure. ;-)

Thursday we have Chapter Thirty-two of Water (on Random Thoughts) where we find out a little about what's been going on with Nereida.

Friday I will really, really try have a new poem for Random Writings, if not a new form. On Random Thoughts we'll see if I'm up for another new flash fiction.

I'm not going to try and plan for anything extra next week (unless some more editing comes my way), instead I'm going to focus on getting my posts written and posted on time. Baby steps, people, baby steps. :-)

Okay, I lied. I will try and plan for one thing this week. I want to try and get my reading list updated, which means I'll also be updating Goodreads. Cross your fingers!

No comments: