Mar 11, 2013

Mammonism Monday

mammonism ~ devotion to pursuit of wealth

Can I have a do-over for last week? Pretty please?

I wasn't any more ambitious last week than I was the week before. In fact, I might have been even worse than the week before, if such a thing is possible. But on the up side, it appears that my reading binge is officially over. All it took was a book on my Kindle that ticked me off to the point that if it had been paperback I would have thrown it across the room and then burned it. I wanted to reach in there and smack the characters upside the head and then hunt down the author and do the same to her.

I haven't been super vigilant in regards to my eating habits and exercising, and it shows in the fact that the needle on the bathroom scale hasn't budged. So I decided to step up the exercise a bit. I'm still riding the stationary bike, but at a faster pace and every other day I'm going to use the rowing machine instead.

I also decided to step up the healthier eating and included a greater variety of veggies when we grocery shopped on Friday. Some are for when I'm craving something crunchy to snack on - I even have low fat dressing to dip them in. The rest I can use in stir fries or soup for my lunches this week. You might wonder why I haven't been eating more veggies all along . . . It's not that I have anything against vegetables per se, I just tend to forget they're in the crisper until they've turn to mush. :-)

As far as my crafts go . . . Remember the sweater the cat pulled off my knitting needles? Well I actually got it fed back on the needles again, but after knitting a few rows I realized I had not, in fact, figured out where I was in the pattern after all. One of the cables running up the front of the sweater was a little off. So I unravelled down to the ribbing (only sniffling a little as I did so) and then started again. I've only got about three inches done but every time I pull it out the guilty cat decides he wants to snuggle on the foot of my chair and I don't want to take the chance of him snagging it again, so I put it away. I'm sure it's only coincidence that once I put it away he wanders off again. ;-)

I did another ruffley scarf on the weekend. My daughter requested a blue one, but I couldn't find any blue in the Red Heart Sashay yarn, so I had to go with the Bernat Twist & Twirl, which I don't like nearly as much. The scarf turned out better than I thought it would though. Now I'm doing one in a red to purple in the Sashay.

It's going to be a busy week this week. On top of all my regular writing and editing I promised to meet with a friend today to help her set up a Paypal account and a blog; tomorrow my hubby's aunt is coming over so I can help her set up her new lap top; and Wednesday I have a writer's group meeting for which I'm supposed to have a St. Patrick's Day themed story done. I really should start that soon. I fully intend for it to double as my story for this month's Absolute Write blog chain. :-)

Blog Stuff For the Week:

Tuesday: Part VIII of my series about the Muses.
Wednesday:
A new Hump Day Hunk for your viewing pleasure.
Thursday: Chapter 57 of Water - let's see how far Ravi and Taja get on their "date".
Friday: Part three of, Kids Will Be Kids.

Weekly Words

You'd think with my reading binge over I'd have time for all kinds of extra writing, wouldn't you? Alas, my moodiness turned into a black hole from which I only started to emerge on the weekend. And then I had so much to do on the weekend I didn't have much time for extras. We'll try again next week. ;-)

No comments: