Mar 4, 2013

Monoblepsia Monday

monoblepsia ~ colour-blindness for all but one colour

How does Monday always manage to creep up on me without notice? It's like it has stealth mode or something.

Honestly? I didn't get a whole lot done last week other than blog posts and reading. It was just one of those weeks where I was feeling unambitious and anti-social. It happens from time to time and I make no apologies for it. And at least time spent reading is better than time spent playing MSN or Shockwave games. While I'd honestly planned to get more writing done - it just didn't happen.

In the continuing saga of the Sashay scarves . . . While I completed knitting them, I wasn't sure how to finish them off - all the on-line instructions seem pretty vague. With regular knitting you just cast off the stitches and pull the end of the wool through the last loop. But I wasn't sure if you could do that with the Sashay yarn. So I took my knitting with me to my writer's meeting and one of the ladies there showed me how to do it properly. And yes, it was as easy as the rest of the scarf. :-)

Yesterday I decided to pull out something different to knit while watching TV at night, and, remembering my goal of finishing things, I opted to not start a new sweater as a Christmas present for one of my sisters, but instead work on a sweater I started for myself a couple of years ago. It's a deep navy blue cardigan with a cable running up both sides.

The first thing I discovered was that instead of the regular stockinette stitch for the rest of the sweater, I was using some kind of lacy stitch. So I pulled out a second pair of needles and a ball of yarn to see if I could figure out what I was doing without screwing up my sweater. In the middle of this, one of my cats was really adamant he wanted to cuddle, so I made him wait until I got to the end of the row I was working on and then took a cuddle break.

Cuddle time over, the next step was to figure out exactly where I'd left off in the cable itself. After much counting and cursing, it appeared I was on the fifteenth of sixteen rows. So. I started knitting the lacy stitch, turned the first cable, continued with the lacy stitch, reached the second cable, at which point cat #2 decided he wanted my attention, just like his father. Unlike his father, he didn't want to wait until I got to the end of my row so he swatted at the knitting needles, somehow got his claw caught in the sweater, freaked out, and leaped off my chair taking my sweater with him - right off the needles. Yeah. This would be the point I decided to read a book.

Blog Stuff For the Week:

Tuesday: Part VII of my series about the Muses.
Wednesday:
A new Hump Day Hunk for your viewing pleasure.
Thursday: Chapter 56 of Water - we'll see if Ravi is making things better or worse for Rayne.
Friday: Part two of my old story, Kids Will Be Kids.

Weekly Words

All right, all right. You caught me. Other than emails, blog posts, and a snail mail letter, I didn't do a whole lot in the way of writing. I appear to be on a reading binge lately. I was pretty much mainlining books all week - Elly In Bloom, by Colleen Oaks; The Painted Boy, by Charles de Lint; Immortal Ever After, by Lynsay Sands; Tale of Two Vampires, by Katie MacAlister; and Spirit Bound, by Christine Feehan (which I'm currently reading).

I did manage to squeeze in some editing - for others as well as myself - but I didn't keep track of how many pages total. Maybe I need to create an Excel spreadsheet to keep track of these things. :-)

No comments: