Apr 22, 2013

Micropalaeontology Monday

micropalaeontology ~ study of microscopic fossils

Remember last week where I said Mother Nature isn't done messing with us? Yeah, well apparently I wasn't kidding. Saturday morning we had a snow storm. In the middle of April. Granted it was mostly gone by around 10 a.m., but still . . .

And no, I did not take a picture, although I was tempted to photograph the pair of mallards huddled on the edge of our above ground pool as the wind and snow buffeted them. Poor birdies. They stayed there pretty much the whole day.

It was a quiet week last week. The only thing I did outside of the house was accompanying a fellow poet while he held a workshop on being a poet at one of the local high schools. The kids were lucky to have him, he did an amazing job.

I'm almost finished with Magical Misfire. I made the changes to the electronic copy, but there's one scene I want to expand a bit before I send it out to my readers. And I want to double check my dialogue - there are places where I'm trying to convey a medieval speech and I want to make sure it works.

Remember how I whined about, complained about mentioned I was having problems with spam in my comments? Well the spammer seemed to be focused on two or three specific posts from 2010, so I finally removed the posts in question and the amount of spam has been greatly reduced. I have no idea why those particular posts were targeted, but we'll see if they jump to something else this week.

Time for a little promoting here. The amazing Dolly Garland has decided she doesn't have enough to do between volunteering for a literacy program in Ecuador and running various workshops on her journaling blog Kaizen Journaling. She has started a new blog called Kaizen Reading where she shares her love of reading. You definitely don't want to miss her post: 43 Readers Reveal How Literature Has Contributed to Their Individual Potential.


Blog Stuff For the Week:

Tuesday: Another poem. Maybe even another form, but don't count on it. :-)
Wednesday:
A new Hump Day Hunk for your viewing pleasure.
Thursday: Chapter 63 of Water - looks like no one can keep a secret. I wonder how the revelation about Ravi's sister is going to go over . . .
Friday: I have no idea what I'm going to do here. Cold Cure turned out a little shorter than I had planned. At this rate I'm going to run out of old stories rather quickly, so I might have to come up with something different this week.

Other Stuff For the Week

I have a friend stopping by for afternoon tea on Tuesday - guess that means I'd better bake something, 'cause everyone knows you can't have tea without a treat to go with it. ;-)

Also on Tuesday I have a poetry group meeting which I'd really like to make an effort to attend. I think I've mentioned that I've hit a dry spell as far as my poetry goes this year, but that doesn't mean I can't attend my poetry meetings. I might even go so far as to make an effort to do the 'poemwork' for it.

Wednesday I have a writer's group meeting.

Other than that I'll be finishing up Magical Misfire and then getting back to work on its sequel, Lucky Dog. It was my NaNo novel for 2012, but it still has quite a way to go before I can call it finished. As I recall, Jessica had just been kidnapped and she's going to need rescuing . . .

I'd also like to finish organizing my short fiction, with the idea of putting out an anthology this summer. My electronic document files are such a mess that it's not a job I'm looking forward to.

No comments: