Apr 1, 2013

Mysteriosophy Monday

mysteriosophy ~ system of knowledge concerning secrets and mysteries

Happy Easter Monday! And . . . when did Easter Monday stop being a holiday? I'm sure I remember getting a four day weekend for Easter when I was a kid. Am I wrong?

I've been getting spam comments on my blogs lately - not a flood, just enough to annoy me - so I finally decided to do something about it. As you know, I have two blogs that are mirroring each other while I make up my mind which one I'm going to keep and which one I'm going to archive or whether I'm going to archive both of them and start from scratch. Which I was totally going to decide for sure on yesterday because starting fresh on the first of the month appeals to my organizational side or something, only I got side tracked. As usual.

Anyway. On blog #1 I enabled the security measure where you have to type in the letters/numbers you see in a box (sorry, but I had to do what I had to do) and on blog #2 I enabled the comment moderation, which means comments are sent to my email for me to decide whether to allow them or not. Then I discovered you can go in and look at all the comments ever made on your blog in one nice, neat little list.

Boy has this been an eye opener! I can't believe the number of spam comments I haven't been aware of because they're being made on old posts. One post from 2010 had 156 spam comments on it! Seriously! What on earth is the point of spamming a post from three years ago?? So I deleted the spam out of the comments from both blogs and now all comments are being sent to me for a yea or nay.

I unfortunately missed my poetry group meeting last week, but I did make it to my writer's group. I also got together with a couple of old friends last week (separately and on two different days) and it was really nice to see them. It's been a while since I've seen them, although thanks to the internet we've never really lost touch.

I did finish up my editing projects and the novel and novella have been sent back to their respective authors and I'm back to having no excuse for leaving my own work unfinished. ;-)

Craft-wise . . . I got no crafting in last week. Again, not even so much as a row done on my sweater.

And I'm sure it comes as no surprise that I got nothing done on the taxes last week either. *sigh* Have I mentioned how much I hate doing taxes?


Blog Stuff For the Week:

Tuesday: A poem.
Wednesday:
A new Hump Day Hunk for your viewing pleasure.
Thursday: Chapter 60 of Water - will Ravi and Taja finally go all the way? Maybe . . . maybe not. ;-)
Friday: I have no idea.

Other Stuff For the Week

No meetings this week, no poetry readings either. But I do have a date with a good friend who's also a business consultant and she's going to try and drag me kicking and screaming out of my hermit's cave to start self-promoting my books and my business. Good luck Shi! :-)

I finished up both my Muse series and my short story last week, so this has left me with holes to fill in my blogging schedule.

The month of April, as you may or may not be aware, is National Poetry Month. So I've decided that for the month of April, I will be posting a poem on Tuesdays. It may be one of mine, or if I'm really lazy busy it may be someone else's. But there will be a poem.

Fridays . . . now what can I do on Fridays? I don't want to get locked into the Flash thing again because that sucked all the fun out of doing them. Perhaps I will revisit the vaults and dust off another of my early short stories to post in as many parts as it takes.

I did get a little bit of editing done on Magical Misfire last week and I hope to get a lot more done this week. I'd really like to see this book released in May (in keeping with the whole M theme) but we will have to see . . .

No comments: