Jan 1, 2018

Malacophonous Monday

malacophonous ~ soft-voiced

2017 was nothing if not a busy year.

I wouldn’t necessarily say it was a good year, let’s just say I’m not all that sad to see it go. In fact, normally I go by the Chinese calendar to mark my New Year (this year it doesn’t occur until February) but this year I’m more than willing to go by the western calendar. So Happy New Year!

There have been a lot of changes over the past year, and none are more apparent than the grandbaby.



She’s turning from a toddler into a little lady.... Okay, not really. She’s still hell on wheels but at least now you can get her to pretend to be a little lady for pictures. LOL

As much as I’d like to keep her little forever, she keeps growing and changing and amazes us more every day. She’s funny, and quirky, and I love her view of the world - that it’s filled with nothing but friends. I hope she never loses her innate friendliness.

There have been a lot of changes around here, too. Some were good changes, like the bookcase swap, the office swap, general decluttering, and the bathroom renovation (despite the drywall dust that I’m still dealing with):



And then there were the not so good changes. Our sweet Julius (aka Sunny Bunny) crossed over the Rainbow Bridge to be with his mommy Panda. And let’s not forget the flood waters that almost cancelled summer:



There are more changes coming, to be sure, but that’s a post for another day.

No comments: