Jan 15, 2018

Menisciform Monday

menisciform ~ shaped like a crescent



As I started typing this post I was thinking, “Wow, it doesn’t seem like it’s just been a week” and then I realized, that’s because it’s been two weeks. I missed last Monday’s post both here and on My Writing Journal blog.

A week ago Sunday I got hit by the nasty flu bug that’s been going around. And when I say hit, I mean sucker punched. One minute I was watching Star Trek: Discovery, wondering if I’d had a little too much birthday cake after supper, the next minute I was hugging the big white porcelain telephone (or in my case the beige one to match my tub), where I was pretty much camped out for the next several hours.

Monday I was too busy feeling miserable to worry about writing blog posts. I vaguely remember we had a beautiful snow fall going on that day but I didn’t have much appreciation for it. Which is a shame, because by Wednesday, when I was feeling like I might possible live again, the weather turned warm and the next couple of days were mild and wet and washed most of my beautiful snow away again.

Wednesday was also the day I’d planned to take the grandbaby to MacDonald’s for lunch to celebrate my birthday. Seeing as I was just starting to re-introduce solid food to my stomach that sure didn’t happen. Maybe we’ll wait until February and invite Grappy along to celebrate his birthday as well. It can be a triple celebration since the grandbaby’s birthday is this coming weekend.

So last week was pretty much lost in a haze of being sick, then recovering from being sick. Not exactly the way I’d envisioned spending my birthday week, but sometimes these things are beyond our control. After the worst of it was over I was able to get a lot of reading in, and even catch up on a couple of movies I’d been wanting to watch. So it wasn’t a total loss.

But I can't help thinking that maybe I was a little too hasty in embracing 2018. The Chinese New Year starts on February 16 - hopefully the Year of the Dog will be kinder than the Year of the Rooster was.

No comments: