Dec 17, 2018

Molinary Monday

molinary ~ of, like or pertaining to mills or grinding

You know, it’s a little hard to get into the spirit of Christmas when it’s so freaking warm outside! Forget the gloomy grey skies – I could deal with the gloom if we were getting snow instead of rain. But we’re not. It’s been raining off and on for the last several days.

I got new snow boots delivered last Monday and I wore them once, just because I could. But it’s really been too warm for boots. It’s too warm for the flannel shirt I’m wearing too so after I finish this post I think I’ll go change into a tee-shirt . . . like I wore all last week.

Speaking of deliveries…I thought we were supposed to be in the middle of a postal strike? You sure couldn’t tell from the amount of mail we’ve been getting. The post office is even delivering on weekends to catch up to the back log. I’m still waiting on a few deliveries, but I think that has more to do with the companies who’re sending the stuff than our postal service.

And remember that beautiful dragonfly blanket I ordered at the end of August? I’ve pretty much given up on it. Not because of our postal service, but because the company no longer exists. Buyer beware when it comes to the internet. Chose your products (and the companies they come from) wisely.

Just to round out my Christmas angst…I have a sick cat on my hands too. Taz is 18 years old and at first we thought he was just feeling his age, but he started having problems moving his hind quarters so off to the vet we went. He has a compressed disk near the base of his spine so he’s on painkillers for now and we’ll probably start him on steroids this week.

Is it any wonder I’m not feeling the Christmas spirit?

So just to cheer everyone up, here are a couple of Christmas videos:

I'm Climbing Up the Christmas Tree



Animals of YouTube Sing Deck the Halls


No comments: