Dec 31, 2018

Morganise Monday

morganise ~ to secretly do away with

Another Christmas under our belts and the year is almost over. And if you want to know the truth, I’m not sorry in the least to see the end of 2018. It’s been a crappy, crappy year and I was done with its shenanigans months ago.

And it STILL hasn’t been snowy or cold enough to wear my new boots!

There’s usually at least some good to go along with the bad, but looking back all I can see is the bad stuff that’s happened – the disappointments, the setbacks, the unexpected illnesses… And then whilst perusing Facebook one day I saw a picture of something called a blessing jar.

The idea is that in January you start with an empty jar. Each week you write down a good thing that’s happened and add it to the jar. On New Year’s Eve you empty the jar and read about the amazing year you had.

Sounds like a neat idea, doesn’t it? I liked it so much that I not only bought myself a jar, I got one for a couple of friends who’ve had a bad year as well. Maybe we can compare notes at the end and see who came out on top. The challenge will be to have a good year.

There’s good news and bad news about my poor, sick kitty. The good news is that he’s feeling better, good enough to fight getting his medication in fact. And he’s back to walking normally and howling the house down. The bad news is that this is just a temporary reprieve. He has kidney disease as well as a compressed disk in his back, so this is most likely his last Christmas. But as I said, he’s doing better right now and hopefully he has several good months to enjoy yet.

If you’re a regular reader of this blog, then you know another unexpectedly bad thing that happened was the hubby’s brush with cancer. After an operation that removed 70 % of his intestines and six months of chemotherapy his prognosis is good, but for a long while things didn’t seem so optimistic.

The daughter decided to offset this bad happening of 2018 by making a donation to the cancer unit of our local hospital, and the grandbaby got in on the action by donating her hair to be made into a wig for a cancer patient.



While it’s sad to see that beautiful hair gone, I’m so proud of her. And look at that face, she was excited to be able to do it.

This kid seriously has a handle on the season of giving. I have a feeling my blessing jar will have a lot of her in it.

No comments: