Feb 3, 2020

Maculose Monday



maculose ~ spotted

You know how some people binge watch a series on Netflix? Well I kind of did the same thing during my unintended absence, only with me it was binge reading. And when I say binge reading, I mean it. I did very little except read since my last blog post.

I bought myself a book late in the fall to save as my reward for completing the National Novel Writing challenge in November. While I did complete the challenge, I didn’t really have a lot of time to read, seeing as how Christmas was looming over me. But after the Christmas madness was over, I pretty much sat down and did nothing but read my new book.

Then I decided I didn’t want the story to end, so I started reading the entire series from the beginning. All thirty of them. It was the Lynsay Sands Argeneau series, in case anyone is curious. And then I started in on several of the Nora Roberts trilogies, most of which I had to buy first. Indigo/Chapters loves me right now. :-)

So . . . what brought on this bout of reading madness? Might have been burn out from the holidays, might have been a symptom of my annual New Year’s depression, might have been my way of escaping the world. Probably a bit of all three. To be honest, I’m not going to worry about it too much seeing as it seems to be passing now.

In any case, that is my explanation for my rather lengthy absence.

Needless to say, the world kept spinning but it was pretty much spinning without me, so I really don’t have much more to say. I’ve go to Tai Chi twice a week, grocery shop once a week, and make family dinner on Sundays. For a brief time I thought about getting a companion cat for Dante (my remaining cat), but I talked myself out of it. Probably for the best.

I don’t really see anything new or exciting on the horizon, so the blog posts may be a little spotty still. I’ve been doing this blog for 12 years now. Could it be I’m finally running out of things to say?

No comments: