My week last week can best be summed up in a series of Dids and Did Nots. (See below) I’m sure I could use meetings, unexpected company, extended shopping trips, etc. as legitimate excuses for my lack of accomplishment last week, but I’m not going to let myself off that easily.
I have a bad habit of biting off more than I can chew and then choking on it. This seems to be what’s happening to me lately. I have a great many projects that I’m trying to do all at the same time, and I’m not getting anything accomplished because I’m too scattered. I am no longer the master multi-tasker.
In brief, I:
• get one good day of writing in, but only one.
• attend my Scribe’s meeting and made it to the Thursday night poetry reading.
• finally come up with a title for my on-line serial (c’mon, you didn’t really think I was going to call it Space Opera, did you?)
• sign up for a new blog-fest which involves posting a picture of my writing space on November 1. Find out more about it HERE
• create a separate blog for my poetry, which was totally a spur of the moment, impulsive thing that happened when I was updating my form links. You can check it out HERE
• start having second thoughts about my NaNo idea (this is what I get for having one in advance).
• do any reading
• figure out how to use my cell phone (other than turning it on and off)
• get my business website up and running
• spend an over-abundance of time on games
This Week’s Goals:
Tuesday: There seems to be a lot of people with allergies and colds right now, so Part III of my superstition series will take a look at sneezing.
Wednesday: Since it’s almost “Trick or Treat” time, I thought I’d give you a real treat for this week’s Hump Day Hunk. You won’t want to miss this! ;-)
Thursday: This week’s Passion for Poetry is the Italian Sestet.
Friday: Chapter 61 of the Space Opera. Um, didn’t they get blown up last week? Maybe there won’t be a chapter 61 . . .
Elsewhere in my week:
I’m almost afraid to plan anything for my week, cause it might invite the apocalypse. Seriously! Every time I made plans to do something lately, it gets all thrown out of whack. That’s probably why I’m a pantser when it comes to my writing. :-)
Okay, there’s a couple of things I need to get done this week. First, I need to get some serious writing done. I’ve been slacking off outrageously in the writing department lately. And second, I need to get my business web site up and running. This would be a lot easier if I didn’t keep getting errors. *sigh*
I have a poetry meeting tomorrow night, which I’m looking forward to. I might even take a couple of new poems to read to the group.
And finally, I have a huge basket of ironing to do. We’re talking several
And there’s my week in a nutshell. You notice that no where does it mention playing games. I should print this out and post it over my monitor.
So how about you? What are you up to this week?