Jan 10, 2011

Musal Monday

musal ~ of, like or pertaining to poetry or the Muses

I thought Musal Monday was appropriate because I’m reviving my poetry forms for Thursdays starting this week.

Last week was . . . strange. There were a lot of weird things happening - some good, some bad. I got derailed and side-tracked more than I would have liked, but I still managed to get a goodly amount of writing done. After several false starts and re-writes of Friday’s serial post, I not only got it finished and up in time I’ve also just about finished this week’s installment.

If I didn’t get as much done as I would have liked I blame Christine Feehan. I started reading Hidden Currents and had a hard time putting it down. Now I’m having a hard time resisting Water Bound.

I used our spiffy new ION turntable to record four of my classical albums to CD. Although it records to iTunes, you don’t need to set up your own account for the process to work and it’s really easy to pick and choose the tracks to burn if you want. I ran out of CDs, otherwise I would have recorded more of them.

One of my nieces gave me a really neat fountain for Christmas – it has a submersible light that changes colour and gives off a cool mist effect. I finally put it together and it’s even neater sitting in the corner of the living room. The cats were a little freaked out by it, but hopefully they’ll leave it alone.

This Week’s Goals:

Tuesday: Part two of my series on Home Remedies will feature cures for Asthma. I think my favourite part of the research for this series is the old time remedies which I’ve set in italics. Some of them are a real hoot!

Wednesday: Another Hump Day Hunk for your viewing pleasure. There was a complaint last week that the hunk was wearing pants. Rest assured, this week’s hunk isn’t. ;-)

Thursday: The revival of my series on poetical forms will start with the Canzone.

Friday: Chapter 6 of Fire. Finally, they’re on their way back to the village.

Elsewhere in my week:

Writing and editing, editing and writing. ;-)

I need to make the final decision on the poems for my poetry chapbook. Then I need to settle on the design. I’m still waffling on the traditional saddle stitch versus one of the more unique Japanese or side-stitched methods.

It’s looking to be another quiet week this week, which makes me a little nervous. It’s like the calm before the storm, only there’s no knowing what the storm might be. Guess I should be knocking wood to avoid drawing bad luck.

And that’s my week, such as it is. How about you? What are you up to this week?

No comments: