Mar 7, 2011

Mesic Monday

mesic ~ adapted to life with a moderate supply of moisture

What is going on with the weather? Windy days, followed by mild temperatures but grey and dismal, followed by sunny and cold, followed by pouring rain that turns into freezing rain that turns into snow, followed by sub-zero temperatures, followed by sunny days, followed by wind – cut it out already!

I knew I was going to be busy last week, so I tried to get as many of my blog posts written on the weekend as possible. It seems to have worked out pretty well . . . everything was up as expected and I even wrote original examples of the Gzha poetry form. The serial was a day late because I only got half of it written ahead of time and then I got struck by the dreaded migraine Thursday.

I got some reading in last week - finished Eat, Pray, Love, by Elizabeth Gilbert, finally. I’m usually a very fast reader but this book was slow going. It was a good thing ‘cause I like making a book last, but it was a bad thing ‘cause I’ve got a lot of other books to read too. Yesterday I started reading Taken, by Lilith Saint Crow, and didn’t put it down until I was finished.

I didn’t get much writing or editing done for myself last week, but I did get a crap load of formatting done for someone else. I also managed to get myself addicted to Frontierville on Facebook. And because I used up all my “energy” in the first couple of days and you have to wait to get more, I checked out Farmville and Cityville as well. :-)

This Week’s Goals:

Tuesday: Part Eleven of my series on Home Remedies. I have a friend who had to get a wisdom tooth (or what was left of it) pulled last week so this week’s focus is on Toothaches.

Wednesday: Another Hump Day Hunk for your viewing pleasure.

Thursday: The poetry form of the week will be the Tercet & Triad.

Friday: Chapter 14 of Fire. So, the Mother just went up in flames, what’s next?

Elsewhere in my week:

I have a Scribe’s meeting tonight. It feels like ages since I’ve been to one – I think I missed the last one so I really need to get there tonight.

I’ve been barely managing to keep up with the reading of other people’s blogs, this week I’d like to get back into the swing of commenting. I also have a ton of e-mail to catch up on.

I’ve explored 73 different poetry forms so far, and I think it’s time to get one of my chap books done. I have three different chap books in the planning stage and I need to pick one and get ‘er done.

It’s getting to be that time of year again, so I need to start gathering my paperwork for tax time. This also means getting my account books up to date . . . again. *sigh*

I started using the rowing machine on the weekend and I’d like to keep this up. I want to work my way up to thirty minutes. Um, probably won’t happen any time soon. :-)

And that’s pretty much it for me. What’s up with you these days?

No comments: