May 30, 2011

Mithridatism Monday

mithridatism ~ immunity to poison by taking increasingly large doses

Happy Memorial Day to all my U.S. friends!

Last week was kind of up and down for me (more down than up, unfortunately). However, all my posts made it up, although I was a tad late with the chapter for Fire. I blame Sookie Stackhouse. I started reading Dead Reckoning late Thursday afternoon and couldn’t put it down until I was done (which was about 3 a.m.).

Got a lot of other reading done, and even managed to update my Goodreads list.

This Week’s Schedule:

Tuesday: This week we start a new series of wonders, the Seven Wonders of the Medieval World.

Wednesday: A new hunk for your viewing pleasure.

Thursday: This week I will be exploring the Korean form of Hyangga.

Friday: Chapter 26 of Fire. So now that Pyre and Rayne have things worked out are sparks going to fly?

Random Thoughts

Today: Rant about the blogger commenting crisis and talking about e-book lending.

Wednesday: Chapter 3 of my on-line serial Shades of Errol Flynn

Saturday: Grappling With Grammar – Then and Than

Elsewhere in my week:

I woke up yesterday morning and I had a scene from a novel I haven’t even started stuck in my head. So, I sat down and wrote it out (in long hand no less) before I even had my shower. What a great way to start the day. I hope the rest of the week goes like that.

I get to look after grand-puppy-son today and, provided I don’t forget my camera, I’ll be taking pictures to post on my Facebook later.

Last week I tried out various methods for playing back the recorded interviews for the Living History project (for the local archives) and I’ve found a method I can live with without having to resort to renting a Dictaphone. Which means, of course, I can start transcribing the interviews this week.

I’ll be continuing with the edits for An Elemental Wind, and the edits on the real book for the real writer. ;-)

I keep forgetting about the new pictures taken for my website last week, so that’s on this week’s list (again) as well. And while I’m at it, maybe I’ll get back to working on my website, I’ve been slacking off where it’s concerned.

And that’s pretty much my week. What about you? What will you be up to?

1 comment:

Jamie D. said...

You did *not* just imply that your book isn't *real*, or that you're not a *real* writer, right? Because I'd take serious issue with both of those implications...just sayin'.

Hooray for grand-puppies! And Stonehenge! And serial chapters, which I am off to catch up on this very second (shhh!).

Here's to a productive week... :-)