Jul 25, 2011

Meldometer Monday

meldometer ~ instrument for measuring melting points of substances

Hot enough for you? Someone on Facebook last week posted that the Devil’s new real estate ad campaign said something like: “Come down here where it’s cooler.” I can’t remember who, so I can’t give them the credit, but I know how they feel. Last week was so hot I finally had to abandon my office and move the lap top into the dining room where the air-conditioner was.

There seems to be a fine line between enough sun to energize me and too much heat that seems to suck the life out of me. And by heat I mean humidity. Living right on the edge of Lake Ontario, we tend to get more than our fair share of humidity in the summer. And when the humidex soars, my energy plummets. Which is my way of saying I didn’t get much done last week other than my blog posts.

Anyone else out there play MSN Patchworkz? Usually when I find a game I like on MSN Games I can only play so many levels before it tells you that’s all you get unless you download the game. Not so with Patchworkz. I started playing it and kept going just to see how far it would let me go. So far I’m up to level 190 – now it’s a matter of pride to see just how far it goes. :-D

I still managed to walk more days than not last week, and the only other time I ventured out of the house was Thursday night when I went to a poetry reading. The reading was awesome, the walk home was not. I could have got a ride home, but I missed my walk earlier that day and thought I’d make up for it by walking home. The heat wasn’t too bad (except when I had to leave the sidewalk to cross roads – waves of heat were coming up off the asphalt still) but the loose sandals I was wearing made my calves ache.

Among the other things I didn’t do much of last week is reading. I started a new fantasy on George, but didn’t get too far in it. I’m starting to wonder what I actually did do with all my time last week!

This Week’s Schedule:

Tuesday: Part two of The Seven Wonders of the Industrial World. This week’s wonder is the Bell Rock Lighthouse.

Wednesday: Another hump day hunk for your viewing pleasure.

Thursday: This week’s form is the Nove Otto.

Friday: Chapter 34 of Fire. I wonder what the infamous Dr. Arjun has in store for Rayne . . .

Random Thoughts

Today: Why Some People Shouldn’t Be Allowed to Have Kids.

Wednesday: Chapter 11 of my on-line serial Shades of Errol Flynn. Has Jessica gotten over her jitters about Howard’s magical experiment? Or is she going to back out?

Saturday: Grappling With Grammar – The Sentence

Elsewhere in my week:

More reading, less gaming and napping.

More writing, less gaming and napping.

More working, less gaming and napping.

Less gaming and napping.

:-)

Okay, while I admit that I played a few more games than I normally do, I didn’t really nap all that much. It wasn’t for lack of trying, I just wasn’t tired enough so I’d eventually give up trying.

I did finally make some time to visit (and comment on) some of the blogs of my fellow bloggers and I’d like to do that again. I’ve been reading them a lot, but I haven’t been commenting much and I really need to be a better blog friend.

I must get down off the fence and pick my next WIP to finish. Will it be contemporary? Will it be paranormal? Will it be buffing up and organizing my short stories into a single volume? Who knows. Maybe I’ll just write all the names down on scraps of paper and pull one out of a hat.

Stay cool. This one is much easier said that done. It’s not supposed to be quite as hot this week as it was last, but you never know when that’ll change.

And there you have it – my week. How’s your summer going so far? What are you doing to stay cool?

No comments: