Jul 11, 2011

Minutious Monday

minutious ~ paying undue attention to minutiae

So, where’s this hot, dry summer we were supposed to have? Granted it’s been warm, but not really any warmer than it usually gets in the summer. In fact, it might even be a little cooler than usual ‘cause our pool is only 74 degrees and that’s using the solar heater.

I didn’t miss any posts last week, but I wasn’t able to come up with an original example for my poetry post. I just was not in a poetical mood – perhaps my poetry muse was on vacation, I just hope she’s back this week. But to make up for it I updated my forms list on Passion For Poetry.

I got all the changes typed in to An Elemental Wind, adding a little over three thousand words to it. Then I did a little more editing on it before sending it off to a couple of friends who will read it and then tell me how much I suck and I should to stick to editing. LOL

Other than that I had a pretty lazy week last week. I didn’t do any new writing, other than blog posts, just pretty much worked on An Elemental Wind and, uh, I appear to have read a lot on George. Most of the books I read were pretty good, but with a couple of them the formatting left a lot to be desired. But I think I’ll save that for a rant another day.

I’m still walking every day and my recovery time is starting to improve. :-) And twice I even walked while listening to my iPod – a feat that resulted in mixed feelings. On the one hand, it enhanced the whole walking experience, but on the other hand the earbud jack didn’t plug into the iPod quite firmly enough and the pause button has a hair trigger so I couldn’t just stick it in my pocket. I had to hold it in such a way that the earbud jack stayed plugged in and I didn’t touch the pause button. And did I mention that the earbuds kept falling out of my ears?

This Week’s Schedule:

Tuesday: The final part of the Seven Wonders of the Medieval World - the Leaning Tower of Pisa.

Wednesday: The hump day hunk this week is for Trinity Marlow, who’s responsible for our electric bill this month ‘cause I have to jack up the A/C to edit her latest story. ;-)

Thursday: This week will feature the Kashmiri poetry form of Vakh.

Friday: Chapter 32 of Fire. So just where are they going to start searching for Rayne and the children?

Random Thoughts

Today: I’m sharing with you something I got in my e-mail recently comparing Whales to Mermaids.

Tuesday: I signed up for the Poetry Schmoetry Blogfest. It goes from today until the 14th so it’s not too late if you want to sign up too. I figured Tuesday would be a good day to post my offering (hopefully).

Wednesday: Chapter 9 of my on-line serial Shades of Errol Flynn. What does Howard have up his sleeve?

Saturday: Grappling With Grammar – Ellipsis

Elsewhere in my week:

Back to working on the Living History project this week. Some of the audio needs to be cleaned up a bit before I work on the transcriptions, so it’s double the fun.

As I mentioned, the fabulous Trinity Marlow has just sent me her latest story for editing. If you like a little sizzle in your reading, you can buy the first two stories in her Working Stiffs collection for the incredible price of 99 cents. Check them out HERE. Her latest, the Mechanic, will be out soon.

It seems to be a long time since I’ve worked on a project that isn’t blog related, so this week I need to make some time to do just that. Between editing AEW and working on Fire I’m getting kind of tired of space, so I think I’ll work on something a little more down to earth, like The Perfect Man.

And I think it goes without saying that I’ll be reading – some on George and some on hard copy. Weather permitting, I’ll be doing this out on the deck so I can soak up some vitamin D.

I’ll also be continuing with my walking, rain or shine. I was talking with one of my neighbours and she was telling me there’s a walking track inside the new Community Centre. We’ve already made plans to go there in the winter when the weather gets inclement.

That’s what I’ll be up to this week, how about you? How’s your summer going so far?

2 comments:

Jamie D. said...

Crap. *hugs ellipses tight* You can't have them...I won't let you...

So you're saying Weds. will be hot, with a side of skin, I hope? ;-)

Here's to a fabulous week!

C R Ward said...

Yeah, I love my ellipses too. :-)

And you'll just have to check Wednesday's hunk for yourself. ;-)