Apr 30, 2012

Miothermic Monday

miothermic ~ of, like or pertaining to temperature conditions of the present day

Hurray! I got my taxes (and those of the rest of my family) done and filed on time. *big sigh of relief* And I learned an important lesson: when you have a home-based business, you should really keep your bookkeeping up to date. It makes things so much easier . . . or it would if I followed my own advice. New goal for this year – do my accounting books once a month. :-)

Anybody else angry over the fact we no longer get the Ontario Tax Credit as a lump sum added onto our returns, but have to wait for it to be doled out with an eyedropper over the course of the year? And I loved the little message at the end of the tax program that congratulated me on not having to pay and advising me that I won’t be receiving a refund either.

Last week went pretty good, considering how cold, grey, and miserable the weather was. I got all my posts written and up on their proper days, although my flash fiction got posted with only an hour to spare on Friday. And I had to go back and fix the spacing on my Passion For Poetry post.

I only had time to read a couple of books last week, but one was non-fiction, which I don’t read nearly enough of. It’s not that I have anything against non-fiction, it’s just that they seem to be more time consuming than fiction and I don’t always have the time. I think one of my original ‘goals for the year’ was to read more non-fiction, or more classics, or something like that. Guess I’ll just have to do more reading. ;-)

Speaking of reading . . . When I started reviewing books on Random Writings I was doing it as a way to fill my empty Tuesday spot when I started running out of links to post for my Sharing the Love idea. I didn’t really expect anyone to start reading them, but apparently they have been. Go figure. :-)

I read for entertainment and enjoyment, so don’t expect to find an overly critical review for my Tuesday post. I’m doing these reviews primarily for fun, and where’s the fun in making someone feel bad about all their hard work? So you won’t see a review of the book that was poorly written and even more poorly formatted (I kept reading because I wanted to see who the heroine ended up with, not that she deserved anyone). And you won’t see a review on the horror anthology that I didn’t finish (it was repetitive and not all that scary).


What’s Up This Week: The schedule is up on the side bar, so I’m just giving the highlights here.

Tuesday On Random Thoughts We have Part Nine of Prophets and Prophecies, Mother Shipton. On Random Writings we’ll have my review of a fabulous book that was sent to me. If you’re an author and would like me to review your book, drop me a line at carolrward(at)gmail(dot)com. I promise I’ll add your book to the top of my list, or at least as close to the top as I can manage. :-)

Wednesday (on Random Writings) Chapter Fifty of Shades of Errol Flynn. I think it’s time we looked in on Jessica again, don’t you? And on Random Thoughts there’ll be another hump day hunk for your viewing pleasure. ;-)

Thursday we have Chapter Fifteen of Water (on Random Thoughts).

Friday On Passion For Poetry (Random Writings) there will be a poem – it’s been a while since I’ve done a form, but I’m not promising anything. And on Random Thoughts I’ll be doing another flash piece, prompted by a picture.

No comments: