Oct 29, 2012

Muriphobia Monday

muriphobia ~ fear of mice

Just so you know, we're supposed to get the fallout from hurricane Sandy tonight and tomorrow so if it really is the end of the world, it's my fault because for the second week in a row I got all my posts done and posted on time. And I didn't have to resort to any extremely late nights either. ;-)

As I'm sure you've guessed by the reference to Sandy the weather's still pretty craptacular. It is cooler, which I'm enjoying, and the wind started picking up on Sunday. So far we haven't been in danger of flooding, but because of the wet weather and the amount of leaves on the ground, we could be in for a problem if the leaves block the storm sewers.

There's still time to vote for my 55 word story, Love Eternal HERE. And I urge you to read the rest of the stories entered. Also, as I mentioned last week I signed up for this month's AW Blog Chain. With perfect timing my number came up on the weekend and you can read my link in the chain HERE. If you're reading this on Random Writings then you can just scroll down a bit. ;-)

I take back every bad thing I ever said about stationary bikes. Because it's so low impact I figured it was a poor second to walking. Boy was I wrong! The first day wasn't too bad, but the second . . . With walking I feel it mostly in my calves, but the bike I feel in my thighs. Owie! And hey, I even managed to get some walking in last week so I'm feeling very virtuous.

Did you notice the little NaNo word count widget on the left? NaNo starts in just a couple of days folks. If you haven't signed up yet, go HERE. Then after you sign up do a Search for Lady Cat (that would be me) and add her to your buddy list. :-)

I finally settled on an idea for my NaNo novel. I am going to write the sequel to Jessica's story. It's called Lucky Dog and it should be a lot of fun to write. And considering Jessica's story is closing in on 70,000 words, 50K for Lucky Dog should be a snap.

For the duration of NaNo there will be a slight change in my blogging schedule. I'm suspending the poetry posts and the flash fiction, leaving Fridays free for NaNo updates. While I'll be doing my book review this week, for the month of November I will be skipping them and be filling that space with some reposts from my Grapling With Grammar series. This is my final week for Cheeses of the World, and I haven't quite decided what's going to take its place, but it'll be another best of series. The serials and the Hunks will continue as ususal. ;-)

What’s Up This Week:
The schedule is up on the side bar, so I’m just giving the highlights here.

Tuesday On Random Thoughts I will be posting the final installment of Cheeses of the World, Cheddar. The book review on Random Writings will be the one I'm reading on my Kindle right now and I can't remember the title.

Wednesday (on Random Writings) Chapter Seventy-five of Shades of Errol Flynn. Jessica's finally out of the dungeon. But how far will she get? On Random Thoughts there’ll be a new hunk for your viewing pleasure. ;-)

Thursday we have Chapter Forty of Water (on Random Thoughts). I have no idea what's going to happen next. These characters are really secretive.

Friday on both blogs there will be a NaNo update and hopefully an excerpt from Lucky Dog.

No comments: