Nov 26, 2012

Mactation Monday

mactation ~ killing or slaughter of a sacrificial victim

I had a seriously unmotivated week last week. It was a real struggle to get anything done, let alone any writing. That's the sentence I used to start last week's Monday post, but it's still pretty fitting.

As you can see by the word count widget to your left, I'm still struggling with my NaNo. A smart person would just call it quits right now, but I've never been accused of being overly smart. :-)

I'll need to average just over 3,000 words a day to complete the NaNo challenge, and therein lies the big difference between this year and previous years. In previous years I would fall behind, but then I'd put in a couple of 3,000 word days or a 5,000 word day and I'd just about catch up before falling behind again. This year my best "catching up" days have been 3,200 words and I've only had two of them.

So will I in fact complete NaNo this year? It's still a possibility. These last couple of days I've only averaged 2,000, not 3,000 words a day but my records show that in previous years the closer to the end I get the more words I write. One year I finished the final day with 8,000 words and I only needed 3,000.

Remember how in the previous week a friend and I met at McDonalds and what a great boost to my writing it was? Well last week we met at a coffee shop instead and it had just the opposite effect. It was too loud, too bright, and too uncomfortable. Then Saturday there was a write-in at the library, but because of the poor turn-out at the previous write-in they stuck us in a small room that had no windows, no air circulation, and was a thousand degrees. The heat gave me a migraine so I left early and didn't get a whole lot else done that day.

So not to be all doom and gloom, one good thing did come out of last week. I finally finished Magical Misfire (aka Shades of Errol Flynn). I'm giving you until the second week of December to catch up on the chapters before I pull them from the blog for editing. After that you'll have to wait until it's available for purchase to see how it all ends. :-)

To all those I again (or still) owe e-mails to, don't expect anything more than a quickie this week. But then again, those I owe e-mails to are my friends, and I'm sure you understand. :-)

What’s Up This Week:
The schedule is up on the side bar, so I’m just giving the highlights here.

Tuesday On Random Thoughts I will be re-posting something interesting or humorous or maybe both interesting and humorous. On Random Writings I'll probably do the same thing 'cause who has time for reading during NaNo?

Wednesday (on Random Writings) I'll continue to post the chapter links for Shades of Errol Flynn so you can catch up before it's gone. On Random Thoughts there’ll be a new hunk for your viewing pleasure. ;-)

Thursday Brace yourselves, there will be no chapter of Water this week. Unless by some miracle I get a couple of 5,000 word days in for my NaNo, I'm just not going to have the time.

Friday on both blogs there will be a NaNo update and another excerpt from Lucky Dog.

Saturday there will be the traditional NaNo wrap-up on both blogs.

No comments: