Nov 19, 2012

Muciferous Monday

muciferous ~ conveying or secreting mucus

I had a seriously unmotivated week last week. It was a real struggle to get anything done, let alone any writing.

However, one thing I did get done was a poetry reading on Thursday night. It was my third time at this venue, and I had a great time (as usual). It was a little disappointing that I didn't have a chapbook available as the crowd seemed to be in a buying mood, but it couldn't be helped. I have two readings next year so hopefully in the meantime I'll get one of the two chapbooks I have plans for done.

Remember how last Monday I needed just over 3,000 words to catch up on my NaNo? Yeah. That didn't happen. I wrote 405 words that day and then nothing for the next three days in a row. I told you I was seriously unmotivated last week. By the end of Thursday I was almost 8,000 words behind.

Then Friday a friend and I went to McDonalds to write and that was the turning point for me. I tried to stay off the internet as much as possible the rest of the weekend, not even to catch up on my e-mails. Sorry about that, everyone to whom I owe an email!

A new character popped up in my NaNo and sent the story in a whole different direction. It took awhile to figure out what, exactly, that direction was but I think I'm pretty much set now.

As you may (or may not) know, my NaNo novel is the sequel to the story I've been serializing on Random Writings. So when it came time to write my serial chapter last week I found myself adding a chapter that explains something that happens in the NaNo novel. I can't quite make up my mind whether that's a good thing or a bad thing.

This will be another week that's pretty much filled with words. Hopefully I'll keep my momentum catching up on my NaNo words and maybe even find the time to catch up on my e-mails.

What’s Up This Week:
The schedule is up on the side bar, so I’m just giving the highlights here.

Tuesday On Random Thoughts I will be re-posting something interesting or humorous or maybe both interesting and humorous. On Random Writings there will be a book review of Wildwood, by Helen Scott Taylor.

Wednesday (on Random Writings) Chapter Seventy-eight of Shades of Errol Flynn. Is this the end? Who knows. I'm starting to think this story will never end. On Random Thoughts there’ll be a new hunk for your viewing pleasure. ;-)

Thursday we have Chapter Forty-three of Water (on Random Thoughts). I'm back to not knowing what's going to happen next, so no hints.

Friday on both blogs there will be a NaNo update and another excerpt from Lucky Dog.

1 comment:

Jamie D. said...

Eh, emails are for months that aren't named "November". LOL Write, write, write! Go Jessica! :-)