Jan 14, 2013

Mandibuliform Monday

mandibuliform ~ shaped like a mandible or jaw-bone

In retrospect, cleaning out my office wasn't exactly the smartest thing I've ever thought of doing. At one point on Saturday I was able to see glimpses of my desk through the piles of papers, files, books, etc., but then I decided that in the spirit of organization I should really get the files in the two-drawer cabinet (that's an extension of my desk) organized. And I wasn't quite done with that job when I realized I had a few boxes on the shelf in the closet and had no idea what was in them.

As you may have already guessed, I did not get my office finished over the weekend. In fact, I think it's more of a mess now that it was before. At least I was able to clear enough space off the desk to set up my lap top last week. This week I'll have to work from my recliner or the dining room table. For now the office will be an ongoing project. Instead of going full steam ahead on it (which hasn't seemed to work so far) I'll try chipping away at it as I find the time. Maybe by this time next week it'll actually be finished and I'll be able to post a picture or two.

Astonishingly, at least to me, the goal I've been doing best on so far this year is the eating healthier and exercise one. Having to enter everything I eat into My Fitness Pal makes me more aware of what I'm eating and I tend to eat less. Except on Friday. Friday was a bad day, food-wise. Take my advice. Do not have a Big Mac combo for supper and nachos as a late night snack on the same day. According to My Fitness Pal, if every day was like Friday in five weeks I'd gain two pounds more than I started with.

I've been doing pretty good on the exercise thing as well. Reading while riding the stationary bike makes it feel less like exercise and more like . . . well . . . reading. Just wait until next week when I alternate the rowing machine with the riding.

As you can see, I still didn't get the blogs revamped into a single blog yet. I'm not sure why this has become such a odious task. What can I say? One of these days you'll check in on this blog and things will be different. It'll be a surprise. :-)

This week I'll be working on edits for myself. Magical Misfire has waited long enough. It's time to revisit that universe and whip it into shape to send to my readers. It's longer than my other books so I'm thinking a March release date might be good for it. And I also need to finish Lucky Dog, its sequel.

If by some miracle I get the office finished this week, I'll get the linen closet cleaned out and then the next big project will be my clothes closet. *shudder*

What I'll Be Up to This Week:

Tuesday: it's such a surprise that I don't even know what it'll be yet. ;-)
Wednesday:
A new Hump Day Hunk for your viewing pleasure.
Thursday: Chapter 49 of Water - Do you think Taja will find out why Ravi came to visit her in the middle of the night?
Friday: Another surprise. Maybe a story, maybe a poem, maybe a rant about how unfair the weather's been - yesterday it was 14C here in Southern Ontario, which is almost 60F!

No comments: