Jan 28, 2013

Metachronism Monday

metachronism ~ an error of dating an event too late

You know, I've said it before and I'll say it again. I really have to do more thorough research on these topics before I decide to make a series out of them. I'm talking, of course, about my proposed series about the Muses. *sigh*

There's lots of information out there regarding the Muses as a group. However, as I found out when I started researching the individual Muses, there's not so much available on them as individuals. Silly me, I thought research would be a snap - I have many, many books on Greek mythology. Good thing I was planning to go to the library today. :-)

Yesterday I spent a considerable amount of time hunting for the notes I'm positive I made on a young adult story I wanted to work on. I remember having the idea either right before I went to bed one night or just as I was getting up, but I'm positive I wrote it down in the notebook I have on my nightstand - but it's not there and I have no clue as to what I might have done with it.

I remember the story idea was for a young adult piece. I can picture the setting in my mind. I'm pretty sure it was only short story length, not novel length. I remember that they were high school seniors and one of them liked to write poetry. And that's as much as I remember. Given the state of my memory, that's actually pretty darn good.

Anyway, I really, really wanted to work on it yesterday only I spent the bulk of my writing time looking for the notes I made on this idea. The only good that has come out of this is fodder for Friday's post, which will be on notes and note-taking.

Last week I spent more time reading than playing on the lap top in the evenings - this week I need to pick out one of my craft projects to work on in front of the TV at night. I thought about getting a jump start on the snowflakes I want to crochet as gifts for Christmas, but I think I kinda burned myself out on them. I'm feeling kind of ambivalent towards the afghan I started - ripple crochet is kind of boring after awhile. Maybe I'll see if I can figure out where I left off on the cardigan I started knitting myself a few years ago.

I have an ulterior motive for crafting at night - it's to keep me from snacking. I tend to snack a lot while I'm watching TV in the evenings, and if I'm working on a craft I don't. With the lap top it's easy to surf and snack, but when you're putting time and effort into a craft, the last thing you want is to get food all over it. At least, that's the least thing I want. So . . . this week I'm aiming to get back on the crafter's diet. ;-)

Blog Stuff For the Week:

Tuesday: Part II of my series about the Muses.
Wednesday:
A new Hump Day Hunk for your viewing pleasure.
Thursday: Chapter 51 of Water - yes, I was mean last week and interrupted our hero and heroine, but Ravi's going to have other things on his mind this week.
Friday: An opinion piece on notes and note-taking.

No comments: