Jun 4, 2012

Molluscicide Monday

molluscicide ~ killing of mollusks

Wanna a win a free book? All you have to do is leave a comment on any post on either of my blogs and you'll be entered into a draw for a copy of my newest book, An Elemental Fire, Book II of the Ardraci Elementals. Comment every day for more chances to win, there will be one winner on each blog. Contest ends at midnight on June 15. If you want a sneak peak at the first three chapters, check it out at Brazen Snake Books.

* ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ *

Wow, Monday again already? Where'd the week go? For that matter, where'd May go? I can't believe it's June already.

So . . . not only did we get the promised rain last week, but the temperature dropped as well. There were a couple of days where I actually had to wear socks because it was too cold for bare feet! Over the course of a handful of days we went from fire watches to flood watches. This week looks pretty much the same, only the temperatures will be a little higher.

The toner for my laser printer finally arrived, and a rather big box it was. I didn't get around to putting it in the printer until the weekend and although it's nice to be able to print again, I was not happy to see the smudging along the right side of the printed pages - not when I'm going to be printing several large documents for binding. It's not a wide band of smudging, just barely enough to be noticeable. But I notice it, which means it's unacceptable. I don't know if it'll eventually get better the more I print, but I'm going to try printing a longer document to see what happens. Wish me luck!

I was far more productive over the weekend than I was during the week. I started Friday by finishing the edits on a terrific novella. I can't wait until the author is finished with it so I can announce it's launch. It's such a great story - just the right combination of suspense and romance. :-)

Saturday I proof-read the first batch of transcripts from the OTF project, which meant listening to the recordings while reading the typed copy. This is another one of those times when it's good to let the writing sit for awhile. This time around I was able figure out some of the words and phrases I missed before, including figuring out the name of a city in Japan one of the interviewees was referencing. Then I turned the nine interviews into one document and inserted pictures into their proper places.

This week I'll be continuing with the third and final batch interviews, transcribing the recordings, and on the weekend I'll be proofing the second batch of transcripts. I'll also be figuring out the format for the covers for the CDs of the recordings, all thirty-two of them. Then there'll be duplicating the CDs, and using the lightscribe to label them. Let's see . . . thirty-two CDs and five copies of each CD . . . that would be 160 CDs. That's a lot of plastic! :-)

What’s Up This Week: The schedule is up on the side bar, so I’m just giving the highlights here.

Tuesday On Random Thoughts Originally I'd planned to wrap up my Prophets and Prophecies series with a segment on false prophets, but somehow I lost my research. So, I'm not quite sure what will be going here. Check back and be surprised. ;-). On Random WritingsI will be reviewing another one of the books I read while on vacation because I once again didn't get around to e-mailing the author I want to interview so I can run the review and the interview the same week.

Wednesday (on Random Writings) Chapter Fifty-four of Shades of Errol Flynn. I’m really hoping Jessica's going to get her butt in gear finally. And on Random Thoughts there’ll be another hump day hunk for your viewing pleasure. ;-)

Thursday we have Chapter Nineteen of Water (on Random Thoughts) in which something will happen. I'm just not sure yet what.

FridayI'm taking a break from the Flash Fiction this month. It's getting to the point where I'm having to force myself to write them, which means I'm spending way too much time on them and not having any fun. The poetry this month will probably belong to other people. My poetry muse is on vacation and I find if I try and force it the poetry is really not good. And it also becomes not fun. And if the writing stops being fun, why do it?

No comments: