May 13, 2013

Muscoid Monday

muscoid ~ of, like or pertaining to mosses; moss-like

So . . . how's the weather? Monday it was so nice out I walked downtown to meet a friend for coffee and I didn't even need a coat. Then as the week progressed it began to get colder, and then colder still, until finally, during a barbeque I was at yesterday, we had snow. That's right, you heard me. It wasn't a lot and it didn't stay, but it snowed for about 15-20 minutes.

It's supposed to start warming up again as the week goes on, but still - it's a little disconcerting to see it snowing when it's so green outside. And I really hate the thought of what it's going to mean to the fruit trees that are already starting to bloom.

I've been saying for a while now that I'm considering putting out an anthology this summer and I finally got around to checking my stock pile of stories. I'm in better shape than I realized, story-wise. Lots of them to choose from. I've got long and short, dark and light. The selection process will not be easy.

Last week was another one of those weeks where I was busy the whole week, but didn't really get much accomplished.

You might have noticed I was even late with my installment for Water . . . I started writing the scene and then decided it would work better later on in the story. Then I started another one that I decided needed to go earlier in the story. Then I went to bed and tried again in the morning. Sometimes the writing is like that.

I was pretty tired last week, especially in the evenings, so I ended up getting some crocheting done. Crocheting is much easier to do than writing when you're half asleep. :-) Specifically, I was crocheting snowflakes. Remember that crochet party I went to a couple of weeks ago? The ladies are crocheting snowflakes to decorate a Christmas tree for a fundraiser, and quite honestly, they're a little . . . um . . . okay, one of them actually knows how to crochet, but the rest . . . not so much. So I'm helping out.

I made up for my lack of accomplishment on Thursday. After getting the installment for Water written and posted, I got the next day's Random Rambling post done, and then got my link in the Absolute Write blog chain finished ahead of schedule. If you want to see it, just scroll down a bit. :-)


Blog Stuff For the Week:

Tuesday: The second in my series on the Major Arcana of the Tarot will be The Magician.
Wednesday:
A new Hump Day Hunk for your viewing pleasure.
Thursday: Chapter 66 of Water. So . . . whose voice was that in Taja's head??
Friday: I have no idea at this point what this week's Random Ramblings will be about. That's what makes it Random. :-)

Other Stuff For the Week

I didn't catch up on my Goodreads last week, so maybe I'll get around to it this week. The problem is that it's one of those things that's easy to put off, and the longer you put it off the bigger it gets. *sigh*

I'll be going to Peterborough again on Tuesday. I can't remember exactly why, but I hope this doesn't become a habit.

For my writing break and general relaxation, I'll be crocheting more snowflakes. I picked out five different patterns and figure on doing ten of each. I'm not sure what the goal is for the Victorian Christmas tree, but considering I'm not even an official volunteer I figure fifty is a nice round number to contribute.

Writing-wise I've got lots to choose from: narrowing down my choices for the anthology; rework a few stories I'd like to include in the anthology; I have a frivolous poem to write for my poetry group which I may need to re-think; I'd like to write ahead in Water to see how long it's going to be, if I have to I'll start doubling up on installments to get the serial done by the end of November; and time to start working on finishing one of my NaNo novels.

No comments: