Jul 22, 2013

Myriadth Monday

myriadth ~ being a one-ten-thousandth part of a whole

Well, the jury's still out, but I think I'll live. :-)

As I mentioned in my last post, I've been sick. However, I managed to pull myself together in time for my poetry reading last week. I did not get my parody of The Raven finished in time, but it was a good reading anyway. I got to make a couple of new friends and the other poets were really great.

So Friday the daughter and I went to my sister's cottage, as planned. What wasn't planned was the gale force winds, severe thunderstorm, and power outage at said cottage. The route to and from the main road is a twisty, windy, roller-coaster of an unpaved track at the best times and when there isn't heavy woods on either side, there's swampy water and small lakes. It was quite the obstacle course to get back to the main road, what with the leaves and branches all over the place. At one point we even encountered a tree across the road. Ha! As if that would be enough to keep me from getting home. I drove my trusty Ford Escape right over it. :-)

I made it to the family reunion/picnic Saturday and had a good time. The weather was perfect. By Sunday I was back to feeling dodgy - too much activity when I was just getting over my bug, I think. But we went to the birthday dinner in Hamilton anyway, and again had a great time.

Needless to say, I got no writing, editing, or pretty much anything else constructive done last week. I did manage to read a couple of books though. And I got the ripple afghan I'd started last year unravelled to repurpose the yarn for a different project.

Blog Stuff For the Week:

Tuesday: Part ten in my series on the Major Arcana of the Tarot is The Wheel of Fortune.
Wednesday:
A new hump day hunk for your viewing pleasure. ;-)
Thursday: Chapter 75 of Water. Let's see how long it takes them to get out of the volcano. And I wonder what happened to Nereida's group?
Friday: This week's Ramble is a subject that crops up every summer. And to see what it is, you'll have to wait for Friday. :-)

Other Stuff For the Week

My social obligations are not over yet. My brother-in-law from out west is down for a week or two, so we're getting together with him for dinner tonight. He's the BIL that hooked me on General Hospital many years ago. When he was waiting to get his papers to go into the army he did a bunch of odd jobs around our house, but had to take a break every day at 3 to watch GH. When he went off to boot camp he asked me to watch it for him and tell him what was happening, so I'd write a daily synopsis and send them to him once a week.

Oh, my. I have a crap load of stuff to catch up on this week. I don't even know where to start. First up, I think, I gotta make me a list and prioritize.

A while back I downloaded a program called TraxTime. One of my employers used this to keep track of the hours we spent on specific projects (for billing purposes) and I thought it would be helpful with my own projects. Since I'm more or less starting with a clean slate (having no time for writing this weekend) I'm going to start keeping track of the amount of time I spend on various things during my day. This includes reading and craft work. And then starting next week I'm going to post the results - just to keep me honest.

1 comment:

Blogger said...

If you're looking for the #1 bitcoin exchanger, then you should know YoBit.