Sep 30, 2013

Misology Monday

misology ~ hatred of reason or knowledge

For a week that was so beautiful weather-wise, last week was pretty crappy in every other way.

I was sick from about Wednesday on, and when I say sick, I mean sick to the point where Thursday I wasn't even able to read, let alone anything else. It's been a slow road to feeling better, but I'm getting there. But you can be sure I'll be taking it easy this week.

Anybody else out there doing NaNoWriMo this year? If you don't know what National Novel Writing Month is, go HERE.

This will be my eighth year doing NaNo. My first year I persuaded a friend to do it with me - she reached the 50,000 word goal, but my story was done at 34,000 words. But hey, I still ended up with my very first completed work of fiction. The second year I had my title and my idea and I think I wrote about two pages before grinding to a halt.

But year three . . . ahh, year three. Year three I nailed those 50,000 words, and I've done it every year since. If you've never participated, you should give it a try at least once. But be warned! NaNo is addictive. :-)

Blog Stuff For the Week:

Tuesday: Part twenty in my series on the Major Arcana of the Tarot is Judgement.
Wednesday:
A new hump day hunk for your viewing pleasure. ;-)
Thursday: Chapter 85 of Water. Well, the tsunami struck at last. But were there any survivors?
Friday: I'm thinking in honour of the epic amount of bad luck I've been having lately, this week's Ramble will be about luck.

Other Stuff

This week's TraxTime report runs from September 22 through September 28.

Crafts - 7 hours and 18 minutes ~ up from 6 hrs and 32 min
Emails - 8 hours and 43 minutes ~ way up from 4 hrs and 59 min
Games - 4 hours and 49 minutes ~ down from 5 hrs and 25 min
Reading - 8 hour and 38 minutes ~ way up from 4 hr and 30 min
Non-fiction - 12 hours and 00 minutes ~ down from 12 hrs and 56 min
Fiction - 2 hours and 42 minutes ~ way down from 12 hrs and 23 min
Editing - 12 hours and 44 minutes ~ way up from 7 hrs and 32 min

Not only was my Crafts time up, but I finished both sleeves of my Fair Isle sweater. My only problem is that before I start the yoke, I'm supposed to place eight stitches on either side where the sleeves go on the body onto stitch holders, but I'm not sure how I accomplish that when I'm working with circular needles. Looks like I'll be scouring YouTube for videos. :-)

My, looks like I was a Chatty Cathy last week, my Email time just about doubled. And it's probably going to be just as high this week 'cause I've got a couple of big ones to answer. And I can safely say I'm getting bored the MSN games finally, although I have revived my interest in Nethack. If you, too, would like to be a Hacker, check it out HERE. You can thank me later. ;-)

It's no surprise that my Reading time doubled. The best part of being sick is being able to take the time for guilt-free reading. Non-fiction remained about the same, while Fiction was way, way down. Normally I get most of my fiction writing in at the end of the week, but that's when I was the sickest and I hardly even cracked open my lap top.

This week I will be taking it easy while I catch up on my editing, writing and re-writing. Who knows, maybe I'll even get a little poetry time in along with my reading and crafting on break times.

And don't forget, if you're on Goodreads there's still time to enter to win one of FIVE print editions of my newest book, Magical Misfire. Just click on the link: Goodreads Giveaway.

No comments: