Apr 8, 2015

Wreck This Journal - Week Seven

For anyone who's new, you can catch the previous weeks here: Week 1, Week 2, Week 3, Week 4
Week 5, Week 6,

It's been a while since I've done any journal wrecking, and I only managed two pages, but they were fun pages. :-D

The first page was divided into strips with instructions to make a paper chain. On the other side of the page is the one I'm collecting fruit stickers on, and since I didn't want to ruin my collection I opted to use other paper for my paper chain and just stick it on the page.





The other page I chose simply said: .drawkcab etirW or Write backward. And you know me, I couldn't just do a couple of sentences, I did a whole story. And while I'll be the first to admit it was kind of fun, it was also incredibly time consuming. And I couldn't believe I fit the entire story on the two pages.



I apologize for the poor quality of the picture. I had a really good one saved to a folder on my lap top and it disappeared. It was there yesterday afternoon, and when I went to insert it into this post it was gone. Poof! Vanished. So I had to rush a bit to get the new picture. And just because I'm a nice person, I'm posting the backwards story below, followed by the frontwards version. :-D

* ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ *
?sasnaK ot yaw eht em llet enoyna nac ,woN

.ma I ereh dna ,ecived gnikcart a dna gnihtolc elbatius htiw dettiftuo saw I .ydob reh ni enob suorutnevda na evah t’nseod ohw ,eM .meht eveirter ot eciohc lacigol eht saw I – sreppils ybur eht dna – sehctiw owt tub ,eno ton tsol ew tluaf ym saw ti yllacinhcet ecniS

.yawateg remmus a sa ydnah ni emoc evah dluow ti ,yllaer emahs a si hcihw ,eltsac s’hctiwtseW fo erac koot sekauqhtrae seires A .seerged net tuoba deppord evah tsum erutarepmet ehT .noisnemid ruo tfel sreppils eht tnemom eht ,esruoc fo ,wenk eW

.seil lla ,seiL ?sreppils eht fo rewop eht tuoba reh dlot ohw eno eht saw I taht ruomur tahT .ytiC dlaremE eht ni kcab saw lrig eht dna nworht neeb ydaerla dah retaw ehT .etal oot saw I tub enevretni ot deirt I .esrow srettam gnikam tsuj ,flesreh sreppils eht eveirter ot deirt dna ,seod yllausu ehs hcihw ,tneitapmi tog hctiwtseW esruoc fO

?seippop fo dleif eht rof sngis eht ees yeht t’ndiD .elbuort rof stengam erew yeht ekil saw ti dnA .tseW tub yaw hcihw yreve levart ot demees yehT .lamsyba saw sdneirf reh dna lrig eht fo noitcerid fo esnes ehT

.ssecorp noitceles eht fo tuo tfel neeb d’eh tespu tsuj saw eh kniht I .tseuq cihtym fo dnik emos otni ti denrut tooc dlo eht ,renwo lufthgir rieht ot sreppils ybur eht reviled ot reh gnillet fo daetsnI .trapa llaf ot detrats lla yllaer ti erehw s’tahT .lrig eht htiw gnola meht tnes eh yhw ylbaborp si hcihw ,sraey rof ssa s’draziw eht ni niap a neeb dah meht fo eerht ehT .noil ygnam a dna ,nam nit ytsur a ,worceracs dlo yttar a – evisserpminu ytterp erew yeht tub ,egaruotne reh pu dekcip lrig eht ,yltcaxe ,nehw wonk t’nod I

.tseW lrig eht dnes draziw eht evah tsuj ot tseisae demees ti os ,ygrene no wol elttil a erew su fo tser ehT .sreppils eht evah dluohs ehs dna tfel hctiw lufrewop tsom eht saw hctiwtseW eht taht dediced saw ti yllanif tub ,slairt dna stset eht hguorht teg ot elihw a su koot tI .eb ot saw renwo wen eht ohw tuo derugif ew elihw elbuort fo tuo reh peek d’eh gnikniht ,ecalp tsrif eht ni ytiC dlaremE eht fo egrahc ni tup neeb evah reven dluohs ohw ,draziw loof taht ot reh tnes neht dna teef s’dlihc eht evael t’ndluoc sreppils eht dedneterp I oS

.meht dellortnoc evah dluoc yeht yaw on saw ereht ,ylf a taws ot rewop hguone esiar t’ndluoc yeht meht fo tol eht neewteb dnA .meht fo yna tif d’yeht hguoht sa ton s’tI ?sreppils ybur eht devresed yeht kniht yeht dluoc woH !snikhcnum eht dnA .ecalp tsrif eht ni ereht gnidnats neeb evah t’ndluow ehs ,snikhcnum yksep esoht gnisaet neeb t’ndah hctiwtsaE fi ,yllaer thgir reh devres tI .dednal esuoh eht nehw )draziw tnetepmocni eno dna( sehctiw evif ot nwod ydaerla erew eW

.lliw ruo ot meht dneb ot ,meht lortnoc ot rewop fo laed taerg a sekat ti dna nwo rieht fo lliw a evah yehT .tneitnes er’yeht – sreppils ybur eht fo terces eht s’ereH .meht gniraew hctiw tsegnorts eht eb ot sah ti dnA .sreppils ybur eht gniraew si ruof eht fo eno fi ylno tub ,ruof htiw enod eb nac tI .gniog zO peek ot sehctiw xis fo rewop eht sekat tI

.flesym fo daeha gnitteg m’I tuB .reh htiw emoh sreppils esoht koot ehs nehw dniheb tfel ehs soahc eht ot derapmoc gnihton si dlrow reh ni detaerc sah dlihc taht soahc ehT .sehctiw ew era emit fo htgnel yna rof meht raew ylefas nac ohw seno ylno ehT .slatrom erem rof tnaem reven erew yehT .sreppils ybur eht tuoba gnihtemos dnatsrednu ot evah uoY

.meht tirehni ot saw ohw no detov su fo tser eht elihw meht raew reh tel ot refas saw ti thguoht tsuj I .emit thgir eht ta ecalp thgir eht ni eb ot deneppah tsuj ehs ,su fo eno saw ehs hguoht sa ton s’tI .meht peek ot tnaem reven saw ehs tub egavlas fo thgir yb sreh erew yehT

tseuQ ehT

The Quest

They were hers by right of salvage but she was never meant to keep them. It’s not as though she was one of us, she just happened to be in the right place at the right time. I just thought it was safer to let her wear them while the rest of us voted on who was to inherit them.

You have to understand something about the ruby slippers. They were never meant for mere mortals. The only ones who can safely wear them for any length of time are we witches. The chaos that child has created in her world is nothing compared to the chaos she left behind when she took those slippers home with her. But I’m getting ahead of myself.

It takes the power of six witches to keep Oz going. It can be done with four, but only if one of the four is wearing the ruby slippers. And it has to be the strongest witch wearing them. Here’s the secret of the ruby slippers – they’re sentient. They have a will of their own and it takes a great deal of power to control them, to bend them to our will.

We were already down to five witches (and one incompetent wizard) when the house landed. It served her right really, if Eastwitch hadn’t been teasing those pesky munchkins, she wouldn’t have been standing there in the first place. And the munchkins! How could they think they deserved the ruby slippers? It’s not as though they’d fit any of them. And between the lot of them they couldn’t raise enough power to swat a fly, there was no way they could have controlled them.

So I pretended the slippers couldn’t leave the child’s feet and then sent her to that fool wizard, who should never have been put in charge of the Emerald City in the first place, thinking he’d keep her out of trouble while we figured out who the new owner was to be. It took us a while to get through the tests and trials, but finally it was decided that the Westwitch was the most powerful witch left and she should have the slippers. The rest of us were a little low on energy, so it seemed easiest to just have the wizard send the girl West.

I don’t know when, exactly, the girl picked up her entourage, but they were pretty unimpressive – a ratty old scarecrow, a rusty tin man, and a mangy lion. The three of them had been a pain in the wizard’s ass for years, which is probably why he sent them along with the girl. That’s where it really all started to fall apart. Instead of telling her to deliver the ruby slippers to their rightful owner, the old coot turned it into some kind of mythic quest. I think he was just upset he’d been left out of the selection process.

The sense of direction of the girl and her friends was abysmal. They seemed to travel every which way but West. And it was like they were magnets for trouble. Didn’t they see the signs for the field of poppies?

Of course Westwitch got impatient, which she usually does, and tried to retrieve the slippers herself, just making matters worse. I tried to intervene but I was too late. The water had already been thrown and the girl was back in the Emerald City. That rumour that I was the one who told her about the power of the slippers? Lies, all lies.

We knew, of course, the moment the slippers left our dimension. The temperature must have dropped about ten degrees. A series earthquakes took care of Westwitch’s castle, which is a shame really, it would have come in handy as a summer getaway.

Since technically it was my fault we lost not one, but two witches – and the ruby slippers – I was the logical choice to retrieve them. Me, who doesn’t have an adventurous bone in her body. I was outfitted with suitable clothing and a tracking device, and here I am.

Now, can anyone tell me the way to Kansas?

No comments: