Jan 30, 2009

The Spirit’s Willing . . .

Can’t say as I’ve produced a lot of writing since my last post, but I have been dabbling.

Life is still kind of complicated right now - I’ve been focused on other things but I’ve still found time to stick my toes into the writing pool. The water’s up to about my ankles now.

Surprisingly enough, the WIP I seem to keep gravitating to is Changeling. This is probably the one I’ve been working on the longest, and I think it shows the most promise. Maybe this is because I’ve been taking my time with it, I don’t know. All I know is that I do the least amount of mental cringing any time I go back and read over parts of it.

I made a tentative pledge to give the February faux (it’s not official, just a bunch of us trying to keep the spirit of Nano alive using the honor system) Nano over on Absolute Write a go. Anyone who’s interesting in trying 50,000 words in a month should really join AW and give it a try. There’s no pressure, just lots of encouragement.

When I thought about doing the January faux Nano, I figured I’d spend my word count on finishing up my current WIPs. Since I didn’t participate, I didn’t finish anything. I suppose I could try finishing these stories for February, but it’s a lot easier to start something new. The only question is, what? I have many ideas percolating, it’s a matter of picking just one.

Do I start something new or try to finish what I’ve started first? What to do, what to do. I guess in the end it doesn’t matter which, as long there’s much wordage.

No comments: