Feb 14, 2010

Not Monday

I know I don't usually post on the weekend, so I thought I'd just make sure you all realized it was not in fact Monday yet. :-)

First off, I would like to make sure everyone knows about the 1K Words Blogfest being hosted by Ralfast. You can sign up for it HERE .

Yes, one thousand words, as in a picture is worth a thousand words.

Or is it?

That’s is the question and it is up you to answer it as part of the 1K Words BlogFest. Take a picture, any picture (preferably one you own or is in the public domain) and post it to your blog. Then write a short story/account based on the picture you posted. The story must be a thousand words or less (hence the name). Once posted, link back to this post.

Please enter the name of your blog in the Mister Linky widget or post it on the reply section. I will update this post daily with new links as they appear (if they are not in the Mr. Linky).

The BlogFest kicks off on February 22nd
.


I've already signed up and I think you should too. Why? Because it's going to be lots of fun, that's why!

* * * * * * * * * *

I've received a couple of blog awards recently and felt it was high time I did something about them.

The first is from the lovely Simone, over at The Romantic Query Letter and the Happily Ever After . If you haven't been to her site before, go there now. Her writing is elegant and lyrical, and I cannot wait for the day when I can pick up one of her novels in the bookstore.



Please accept the 'Creative Writer Award' with no strings attached. You can post it within an awards page, sidebar, or new post; you can link it to me and pass it on to writers you know who host writing blogs, or you can simply read this note with my thanks attached and do nothing further. This is just intended as a gesture to further the premise 'writer' within 'blogger.' I'd love to see more writers acknowledged for the craft! Because we all are writers

I, in turn, would like to pass this award on to:

Ralfast
Frankie
Nicole

There's a couple of more I'd like to add, but they've already received this award. :-)

Next, from the equally lovely Jamie, over on the The Variety Pages I have received the Silver Lining Award.



This award comes with no conditions, but I get to pass it on to five more blogs. The chosen are:

Benjamin Solah, Marxist Horror Writer because he's not afraid to speak up for what he believes in and he's constantly making me think.

Raven Corrin Carluk who's both a writer and an artist, and whose novel, All Hallows Blood, is being published by Crescent Moon Press.

Simone because I love her elegance.

Carrie whom I've just discovered and I'm pleased I did.

Mireyah Wolfe for her wit and charm and because she masterminded the Fight Scene Blogfest.

And last, but not least, I received The Happy 101 Award.



I actually received this one a while back, but it comes with the condition that I think of 10 things that make me happy and it took me this long to think of them. :-)

1. A still summer's day that's not too hot and not too cold.
2. A good book.
3. The antics of my cats.
4. A well-written poem.
5. A walk on the boardwalk down at the lake with my friend.
6. Seeing a comment from someone new on my blog.
7. Coconut cream pie from the restaurant in Harris Park in Owen Sound.
8. A walk in the crisp, clear, winter's night after a fresh snowfall.
9. Hearing the wind whistling outside while I'm curled up in my chair reading.
10.Autumn.

I, in turn, invite anyone who can think of ten things to make them happy to accept this award and post it on their blog.

Happy Valentine's Day, everyone.

3 comments:

The romantic query letter and the happy-ever-after said...

You know I'm going to take part in this blogfest on your say-so. Also my thanks to you for your kind words on my behalf, I'm so very grateful for your support. Thank you, truly.
I hope you had a lovely Valentine's Day.
Warm regards,
Simone

Anonymous said...

Aw shucks! And I didn't get you anything!

:)

C.E. Wood Inspired said...

Thank you very much for the shout out, and the award! It is my first ever!