Oct 10, 2011

Macerator Monday

macerator ~ a person who fasts and becomes emaciated

So Macerator is definitely the opposite of what I am right now. This is the Canadian Thanksgiving, and like a lot of people we did the big family dinner yesterday. My husband comes from a large family and it’s been expanding so fast that my in-laws have found it easier to rent a small hall rather than try and fit everyone into someone’s house. It works out pretty good – the kitchen’s huge with lots of work space and a double-sized fridge, there’s plenty of room for the kids to run around, and there’s lots of washrooms so no standing in line. ;-) And as far as the food went . . . all I can say is there’s too many good cooks in the family!

Did everyone get out to enjoy the weather last week? I don’t know about where you are, but here in Southern Ontario it was just fabulous! The perfect fall weather – crisp and clear and sunny during the day, temperatures low enough at night to need a quilt on the bed. I wish it could be like this all year round.


What’s On For This Week:

Tuesday: Part five of the 7 Natural Wonders of the World is the Aurora Borealis, also known as the Northern Lights.

Wednesday: Another hump day hunk for your viewing pleasure. ;-)

Friday: Chapter 44 of Fire. Just what does Chaney have in mind, and will it work?

Random Thoughts

Today is the annual NaNoWriMo debate. You don’t want to miss it. ;-)

Wednesday: Chapter 22 of Shades of Errol Flynn. I promise it will be better than last week’s chapter. Really!

This week I’ll also be busy with:

Once again I’d like to remind you that there’s a new prompt up at Rattles Flash Fiction. This month’s theme is At the Water’s Edge. Check it out and submit a story.

I’m checking my calendar and I believe there is a poetry reading on Tuesday night which hopefully I will have the chance to attend. Even though I’m taking a hiatus from my poetry posts, that doesn’t mean I’ve forsaken all things poetical. :-)

I didn’t get around to making any changes to my blogs last week, but hopefully I will this week. I notice on Random Writings I have some progress bars that need updating and I definitely need to add a link to my book.

It seems like a kind of short week, but I’ve got lots to do besides working on my blogs. I have editing and writing, and there’s still lots to do on the Living History project. Plus, if it’s as nice out this week as it was last week, I’ll be trying to spend a little more time outside.

So how about you? What are you doing this week?

No comments: