Oct 3, 2011

Millionocracy Monday

millionocracy ~ government by millionaires

After spending the better part of the weekend spiffing up the house for the property assessor (sent by the bank regarding our mortgage), I’m ready to sit down and get some writing done this week. And editing. Lots of editing.

One of the things we did, or I’d better say the hubby did, was to finally put doors on the large closet in the upstairs hallway. It’s a double wide closet and we’ve been using it for storage but there hasn’t been any doors on it. Now there is. And not just any door, but a sliding door that goes from one side to the other and is covered with a mirror. :-)

The weather was really up and down last week, which of course meant my moods were really up and down. You’d think with all the advances in medicine they could come up with something to help with this. And the migraines that go along with it. Friday was the worst, so needless to say I didn’t get much done, which is also why there was no serial chapter.

My book launch was a little anti-climatic because people were already buying it before it was officially out, but you won’t find me complaining! It’s still a thrill to have a book out there. I’ll need to shift things around on the blog a bit to include the cover and a link to where you can buy the book.

What’s On For This Week:

Tuesday: Part four of the 7 Natural Wonders of the World is Mount Everest.

Wednesday: Another hump day hunk for your viewing pleasure. ;-)

Thursday: This week’s poetry form is the Sevenling.

Friday: Chapter 43 of Fire. For real this time, I promise!

Random Thoughts

No rant today ‘cause I did a semi-ranty post on Saturday and I just can’t think of anything rant-worthy right now. Of course as soon as this post is up I’m sure I’ll get all kinds of ideas, but just not right now.

Wednesday: Chapter 21 of my on-line serial Shades of Errol Flynn. So . . . I wonder what kind of “lessons” Alexander is going to give Jessica.

This week I’ll also be busy with:

I’ve run out of things to edit again. Jamie? Heidi? I’m talking to you two! Don’t make me have to edit my own work again!

And speaking of Jamie and Heidi, they have a new prompt up at Rattles Flash Fiction. This month’s theme is At the Water’s Edge. Check it out and submit a story.

I have a Scribe’s meeting tonight, which is always a good time. I think I missed one some where along the line . . . *shrugs* Oh, well. I’ve got my 150 words all ready to go for tonight.

It’s that time of year where I’m contemplating changes to my blogs. They’re starting to feel a little cluttered and I’m considering changing to a two column format instead of three. I’ll probably play around with Random Writings first, just to see how much of a pain it will be, so this one is safe for now. But you never know what the future may bring. ;-)

And that’s pretty much my week ahead. How about you? What are you up to these days?

No comments: