May 2, 2014

What I'm Reading




I know you can't tell by the last few posts, but I am an avid reader, honestly!

It wasn't on my list, but I couldn't resist a creepy little story that came up in my Facebook feed this week, Over the River, by P. Schuyler Miller, via Weird Tales Magazine. It was billed as a vampire story, but to me he seemed more like a zombie. Go ahead and give it a read and decide for yourself. :-)

Electronic Books

Once again there was no progress on The Cobweb Bride by Vera Nazarian, Mr. Love by Sally Mason, Dark Love by Claudy Conn, or the Darlings of Paranormal Romance anthology.

Poor George. I've been neglecting him terribly lately. If I don't make some progress on my electronic books this week I might be forced to go back to the stationary bike. My Kindle was perfect for when I was riding the bike, only I haven't ridden in ages. So how's this for incentive? If I don't start reading my e-books on my own, then I'm going to start riding the bike again so I'll read them while exercising. :-)

Tree Books

No progress on Dreamwalker, by Kathleen Dante this week. To be honest, it got buried in the stack beside my chair and I sort of forgot about it.

And again I didn't get back to Hunting the Corrigan's Blood by Holly Lisle. It's actually on the top of the stack beside my chair, but I just wasn't in the mood for science fiction.

Re-Reads

Still plugging away with Sword and Sorceress IV and still enjoying it thoroughly.

The one book I did seem to make time for was Memory and Dream by Charles de Lint. I managed another couple of chapters on the weekend and then a little bit here and there during the week.

My goal of trying to read at least one chapter from each of the books I have on the go was kind of a bust. While it might work for my tree books, it's a bit of a pain in the butt when it comes to the electronic books. With the e-books I need to just pick one and finish it, then go on to the next one.

And no starting a new book until I get the others finished!

No comments: