Jul 28, 2014

Monticolous Monday

monticolous ~ mountain-dwelling

Another Monday? Are you sure? ;-)

Last week is a bit of a blur. One of those weeks where I was really busy, but don't have a lot to show for it. In fact, it was a miracle I got all my blog posts up. And on time, I might add.

Although hubby and I have settled into a routine of sorts, I'm still having a hard time getting my own stuff done. I'm not used to having someone around 24/7 - it's going to take some getting used to. And it does not bode well for when he retires, although by the time he's ready for that his hip will be old news and he won't be as dependent on me for so much.

Among the things I did get done last week, I got my SF/F anthologies catalogued and re-shelved. I basically just put them back in the bookcase I found them in - I'm not sure where I want them to go yet. I might leave them in the bookcase where they are, I might move them to the bookcase in front of my desk. Or you never know, once I have the SF/F hardbacks catalogued, they might not take up as much room in the nook as I'm thinking they will, and they can go in the nook.

The nutritionist who's been a godsend helping me get my food straightened out, is pregnant and I started crocheting a baby sweater with matching booties and hat for her. I'm thinking it's been a long time since I tried anything this small - wow is it hard on the eyes! It took me a while to find a pattern I liked, I had a whole trial and error thing going on as I vacillated between knitting and crocheting before settling on crochet.

And apparently I'm back to my old tricks with the crocheting. I got about three inches done, didn't like the way the one edge was lining up, so I started ripping it out to get to a point where I could correct it, and it turned out that point started with the 72 chain stitches. You know, before I really knew what I was doing. I'm almost back to where I started, and I'm happy to report it's looking fine.

This week I think I'll be playing things by ear. My to-do list has pretty much doubled since the hubby's been incapacitated, but the good news about that is that now when I only get half the stuff on my list done, I'm still getting twice as much done as I did with my old list. How's that for twisted logic? ;-)

As I'm typing this, we have a storm going on - thunder, lightning, heavy rain, the works. Actually I think this has been a series of storms 'cause it's been pretty much steady since about 9 p.m. If this keeps up, I might not have to worry my to-do list. I'll be too busy building my ark. :-D

No comments: